The Nottingham Post website

Agreed K. The front page has comments from the public that look like editorial. I think they have had their fingers burnt with that already on an 'article' about Forest.

The main revolving headline stories at the top necessarily include a discount offer of some kind and invariably - on a daily basis - a nothing story about Forest with attendant quote by their manager.

The preponderance of ads make it almost unreadable - it hurts the eyes! They should just give it up, the paper as well which is a shadow of what it used to be.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yes, had read that Kev. I get the feeling that the prognosis is not a bright one for the Nottingham Post. It's an industry that's struggling with adapting to change generally but they seem to have sco

Not having that, the comments on the Nottingham Post articles are legendary 

As a long time contributor on there I have to agree !

You are right it is a shadow of what it was. My dad worked for T Bailey Foreman right up to his death in 72, Van driver, Branch manager at Loughborough and then accounts violation. the employees and the owners cared passionately about the paper back then.

Nowadays "Who the hell cares".

• 2 weeks later...

I have a Nottingham evening post newspaper from 1861 does anyone know if you can still get back issues that far back.

• 3 weeks later...

I see the Nottingham Post is on the move to a new site in the city again. Apparently this move will serve to put the paper 'back at the heart of the city' again.

I have an idea, maybe they could choose somewhere right in the centre of the city, that people find accessible and offers a ready made presence in the mind and sight of the Nottingham public...somewhere like around Forman Street say...

I'm afraid the once enjoyable Evening Post is now a busted flush.

Maybe they could try some decent journalism as a starter.

The age of newspapers is gone, most of the big names in newspapers are swimming in red ink, sales are way down. Even Rupert Murdock is having trouble justifying all the millions he wastes on ALL of his money losing newspapers to the shareholders of his corporations.

There was a time virtually every household bought a morning and evening newspaper, how many on here do that these days.

I don't read mainstream newspapers anymore as they spout what the liberal tree hugging crowds want to hear.

Can't say I visit it Stu.

For years now an agent, an old lady whose husband had died with Alzheimer's, has delivered the Nottingham Post to my house and others locally. At the end of the week she pops round for her money and everyone is happy. I get the Nottingham Post delivered and she gets her wages to help with her bills. I read all the newspapers from a web site that is bookmarked on my computer so I don't really need to have the Post at all. I have it to help her and I always see that she gets a nice Christmas box. A few months ago I and others started getting letters from the Nottingham Post stating that we were behind with our payments. I mentioned it to the lady and she told me that it wasn't correct. After a few letters some people were a little suspicious but we carried on having the paper. It seemed that the Post was trying to get us to cancel the home delivery. The Nottingham Post then tried to change the way we payed so that we didn't pay the lady and in the end, because we were all standing by her, they stopped the Nottingham Post home delivery. What a way to run a business.

I see the Nottingham Post is on the move to a new site in the city again. Apparently this move will serve to put the paper 'back at the heart of the city' again.

And it's noticeable they don't make any mention of where it's printed. Hasn't been Nottingham since they moved out of Forman Street; then it was Derby, and now it's Birmingham. That's how local it is.

I can remember when you could look at the last few weeks of the evening post, on Forman Street, I always had a look when I was placing an ad, they also had various photos on show, the post looked massive then compared to what is printed now.

. After a few letters some people were a little suspicious but we carried on having the paper. It seemed that the Post was trying to get us to cancel the home delivery. The Nottingham Post then tried to change the way we payed so that we didn't pay the lady and in the end, because we were all standing by her, they stopped the Nottingham Post home delivery. What a way to run a business.

That would make a great story for the Post... If it was not about them!

Below is a headline on the Post website this morning in large typeface. I know that odd mistakes will always slip though, I used to work in that business but that's just pitiful for a 'local' paper.

Woolaton couple victims of council injustice in leaky-roof row

even the best of spellers sometimes make a mistake poohbear and those who are dyslexic like me sometimes as hard as they may try will not see thiere mistakes and sometimes like me never can, and some times i post and it looks ok to me then i might look at something i have writen a day or two later and think thats just gobbledy gook althoughit seemed fine when i wrote it . and at other times its fine if not spelt perfect i and others can read it

thanks mick yes i was and my sence of humour is known to many

• 1 month later...

Look out everyone...

Local TV: Two Ofcom applications for Nottingham

'Two consortia have submitted applications to run a local TV station in Nottingham.

The bids are among 57 submitted to Ofcom by organisations hoping to run stations in 19 UK towns and cities.The consortium behind one of the bids, Notts TV, includes the Nottingham Post newspaper and a former editor of ITV News.'

If they get it I hope they make a better job of it than the website (and newspaper).

• 2 weeks later...