Anybody ever won owt?

As my Facebook mates will probably know already, I entered a recent Galaxy 'Mintrels' promotion straight forward prize draw , no captions to write or anything, and I have won second prize, A Blueray player, HDMI Cable and 5 Blueray discs !

I'm rather glad I didn't wim 1st prize as it was the same as above, plus a telly , very similar to the one I've just bought ...LOL

It's the first thing I can remember winning, anybody else ever won anything decent ?

(And no, I don't want, "I won my spouces hand in marriage " !!)

I mention this as my friend has just won (Via a Morrisons promotion) a "Family Holiday " to 'Disneyland Paris' only problem being , it's for 4 people, 2 nights B and B and park passes , and no transport included !! There's her , her husband and 4 kids !! so it's cost 1600 quid to 'win' this prize !! (cause you can't tell the kids "we're going to Disneyland" then when you look into it "Oh no I've changed my mind " Your life wouldn't be worth living !!

Mary won a $500 gift certificate to the Apple Store last week!

Me - never won owt worth talking about.

£18 ! spent more than that celebrating lol, actually it was more than a weeks wages but had it been the week before would have been thousands, then again the week before there wasn't 20 odd draws! did similar again later that season, all I got that time was a free entry the next week. The next season they brought in the score draw/no score draw ruling.

I remember my Uncle Jack getting 10 out of 10 draws in around 1970, he won around £50,000, which wasn't to be sniffed at !!

nearly forgot, won the Nottingham Road Club 10 miles time trial trophy one year, think it was 1961, lol

Would that have been on the Oxton By-pass?

That's the one, start was somewhere near Ton Lane? don't recall too much about it cept it wasn't just one race but average over the season, there was a guy younger than me named Sam Butler who was at time the "star rider", whilst I could just about manage 10 miles he was doing 25, maybe 50 mile ones! remember towards end of the year he entered one 10 mile to get "fastest that season" trophy too, I was quite narked at the time! :angry:

I won a Gibson Les Paul Custom guitar from the Sun newspaper in 1983. They wanted me to collect it from Les Paul himself but at the time I couldn't afford to make my own way to London, so they sent it by courier.

SWMBO's syndicate at work had 5 numbers up on the lottery about 10 years back , winning £500 quid each, I once had 4 numbers and won £14 !! You get £10 garanteed for three numbers !!

I won a Gibson Les Paul Custom guitar from the Sun newspaper in 1983. They wanted me to collect it from Les Paul himself but at the time I couldn't afford to make my own way to London, so they sent it by courier.

Fair play to yer !! ---- I paid £2150.00 for mine --- good guitar though !!

That's the one, start was somewhere near Ton Lane? don't recall too much about it cept it wasn't just one race but average over the season, there was a guy younger than me named Sam Butler who was at time the "star rider", whilst I could just about manage 10 miles he was doing 25, maybe 50 mile ones! remember towards end of the year he entered one 10 mile to get "fastest that season" trophy too, I was quite narked at the time! :angry:

In the early 60s we lads hero worshipped a fellow called Paul Harwood - a local cyclist of some note (I think). None of us had ever met him but he was said to be the bees knees of the Midlands cycle world.

That's a real b*mmer! What an opportunity to have missed :(

Fair play to yer !! ---- I paid £2150.00 for mine --- good guitar though !!

Yes - it cost me 16p for the stamp and I sold it for £400 the same christmas, just to get pressies for the kids. Needless to say the pressies are long gone.

Yes - it cost me 16p for the stamp and I sold it for £400 the same christmas, just to get pressies for the kids. Needless to say the pressies are long gone.

Some lucky git got a real bargain there. !! -- bet you wish you'd kept it now -- very sought after.

• 2 months later...

I've just won sommat else !!

I went to the kids nativity on Thursday and won first prize in the raffle, a "Christmas Hamper" contents include:- A bottle of Baileys, a bottle of wine, a jar of beetroot, a jar of jam, a box of cakes, a box of Christmas biscuits, two big boxes of Maltesers, a box of Cranberry scented bathroom bits and bobs, a tube of mini Rolos, a box of Christmas Crackers, a tin of soup, a box of "After 8 mints" a jar of pate, a bottle of balsamic vinegar, and last but by no means least ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, a bottle of 'After sun lotion' !!!!!

.. I won a Vax hoover once. A friend entered me into the comp as well as herself, i won, they didnt muahaha.