Congratulation must go to our "Great Britain" cycling team, Mark Cavendish and the team for becoming World Champion (mens road race) and Lucy (forgot her last name through the excitement) and the team for becoming World Champion (womens junior road race)

Rog

• Like 1
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The Nottingham leg of the Tour of Britain was nearly canceled do to half the riders getting their bikes stolen?    

This Saturday Nottingham hosts the OVO Energy Tour of Britain cycle race https://www.tourofbritain.co.uk/stages/stage-seven/ hope they've filled all those potholes?     

Talking of Halfords (which we weren't) found this picture today,how things have changed     Rog

Yes, I doubted "Cavo" would win such, then again how many TDF stages has he already won? somehow I can't understand how he manages to keep up with some stages and zoom off to win yet a slight hill like the alps or pyrenees totally knackers him! lol

• 6 years later...

Read the other day where a bloke was fined £600 by the courts for cycling in a designated "No Cycling" street in Mansfield, arrogant sod got his just rewards for once. 

As Mr Punch would say "That's the way to do it "  !

Well done Mansfield.

• Like 2

Now they've got to sort out the red light jumpers,riding two a breast or more when other vehicles are trying to get passed them,riding without lights at night,not having a bell or other warning device fitted,oh and not engaging brain when cycling,good on yer Mansfield

Rog

Pay for designated cycle lanes and make them use them, they soon learn when it keeps costing em money if they don't

Rog

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Purchased a new front LED bike light from China via eBay, bike light its more like a laser, boy its powerful, I've not regained full sight yet & I've not looked into it .... I daren't I might never see again? Anyone noticed how bright these LED lights are becoming?  

• Like 1

The front light on my trike is a Cree 10000 lumens 8.4 volt rechargable,very bright white light, I have it on flash mode even in the daytime,always attracts attention,be seen be safe

Rog

1 hour ago, radfordred said:

Purchased a new front LED bike light from China via eBay, bike light its more like a laser, boy its powerful, I've not regained full sight yet & I've not looked into it .... I daren't I might never see again? Anyone noticed how bright these LED lights are becoming?  

Can you post a link to it please?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/7-x-Cree-XML-T6-LED-10000-Lm-Bike-Bicycle-Rechargeable-Light-10k-Headlamp-Torch/222002793995?epid=579905421&hash=item33b065ce0b:g:gTMAAOSwB09YCKPY checkout the cycling section on Ebay uk look for "Headlights" scroll about untile you see the Cree name, think they are between £20-30 with rechargable battery and charger, they normally chuck in a LED rear light as well,failing that just type in Cree cycle lights in the search box

Rog

42 minutes ago, The Pianoman said:

Are alloy frames much easier to ride than steel frames or is it a lot of hype?

It depends what qualities you are looking for. I only have decent experience with road racing and track bikes - and even then the answer can be subjective. Alloy frames rely on large thin walled tube sections and the type of alloy - they tend to be stiffer than steel frames. Steel frames can vary enormously depending ion tube selection, design and build quality. For general road riding I preferred steel - Columbus SLX. The nicest bike on the road for me is the old school Look carbon that have carbon tubes of dedicated profiles bonded into ally lugs. Done 1000's of miles on one including road races, crits, sportive and 12hr TT's - very comfortable but not a road sprinters bike. Chris Boardman's pro team Credit Agricole  used them in the TDF. He liked them but Robby McEwan the sprinter didn't - they were not stiff enough for him.

Are alloy frames 'easier' to ride than sleel? In general I would say no unless you use a bike with suspension. Trouble is, most alloy bikes with suspension are cack unless you pay a lot.

• Like 1

At least it stayed upright, could have been worse,could have de- railed a tram

Rog

should have rode a trike

• Like 1

Brr Brr Brr.

Halfords: Hello

Rider: I have a problem with my rear wheel and need a new one

Halfords: Certainley sir, do you know what s wrong with it?

Rider: there appears to be a &%^£%$&* bus parked on it...

7 hours ago, Brew said:

Brr Brr Brr.

Halfords: Hello

Rider: I have a problem with my rear wheel and need a new one

Halfords: Certainley sir, do you know what s wrong with it?

Rider: there appears to be a &%^£%$&* bus parked on it...

Deja vous. Lincoln street, Basford, circa 1963. Paper boy comes out of the newsagents with his first days' bag, to discover a coal lorry parked on his front wheel. Wheel bent into the kerb like Salvador Dali's masterpiece Time.

All things change and everything stays the same.

Off to test the new knobblies in this frost.

Phil

• Like 1

I'm still riding on my "nearly bald" Marathon racers,think it's time to splash out and buy some new ones, enjoy your ride oldphil, I'm off out in a minute or two

Rog

Do you have a fan blowing at you when you use the i magic to keep you cool? I ask this because If I use my trike on the turbo trainer I soon get very warm

Rog

Yes - I use a fan for anything over 30 min. Sometimes I alternate between the rower and the i-magic, say 10 min intervals and don't bother with the fan because the rowing machine fan helps to cool off when rowing steady.

• Like 1