5 minutes ago, philmayfield said:

Son had Parrot Mambo. I'm looking DJI Mavic air.

I have the Dji Phantom 3 pro and the Mavic Air, I prefer the Mavic Air because its easy to transport, I also use the Litchi App because you can program in your waypoints and most other things on Google Earth.

Oh really, is he a member of the local model flying club ?

No, one of his interests is archery. That's how he got the drone down from the poplar tree! I now have the parts in stock to replace the damaged ones on our next visit!

It just takes far too long to get through the thick heads of the people who purport to run this country. No one seems to have an ounce of dynamism. I could never have run a business the way this country is operated.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

As you see with brexit headless chicken syndrome none of them had the slightest idea what to do in the first place I cant think of any that could hold down a job in civvy street unemployable the lot if Cromwell walked in now he would say my god nothing has changed meeowed

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, IAN123. said:

Indeed Tompa...smoke and mirrors from Govt and Airlines then!

Yes I think so, and we haven't heard much about it for weeks, which seems a little odd. Anyway there are so called drone catches which could have been used.

In the Netherlands they use trained birds of prey.

• Like 1

On ‎1‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 6:56 PM, philmayfield said:

Son had Parrot Mambo. I'm looking DJI Mavic air.

Philmayfield  Have you bought that Mavic Air yet ?

I've not bought one yet. Just briefly looking at the new rules regarding flying distances from airports I've not yet discovered how an 'airport' is defined. I live across the River Trent from RAF Syerston within the 3 mile airfield boundary. It is primarily an active gliding establishment but military exercises do take place from time to time, usually with low flying helicopters. Even the Red Arrows give a 'private' annual show there. The field is substantially higher than us so there is never any chance of collision but it only takes someone to inform on you to invite trouble. I've got to study the new CAA regulations.

• Upvote 1

Are those two BAC Jaguars still there Phil?

Rog

Used to be able to see them from the old A46 but the new A46 is lower down so can't see the airfield, I'll have a trike ride over in the summer and have a look

Rog

I drove down the old A46 near to the main gate last week but it doesn’t go past the gate. You could get up closer on a bike. There’s no serious security.

• Like 1