About a third of a mile south of the peak of Dorket Head a new path has been added in the last few years, along which there's a spot called The Hobbucks View Point complete with an information board which shows you what to look for and how far away it is, such as Wollaton Hall (6 miles), Ratcliffe Power station (12 miles) and the Jessop Monument (10 miles). One new landmark I noticed on the western horizon when I was last there recently was the top of a wind turbine that's just been erected near Awsworth / Giltbrook. Sadly you cant see anything due North or East from there.

• Upvote 1

#26 Mick2me

Yes the wrangler shop was at Calverton,i think your right about the factory as well,but it has to be 70/80s since we last went and i have forgotten,My hubbs has just cleared his wardrobe and took loads of the Wrangler shirts to the charity shop,they are still good condition but a bit dated,and as he says they have shrunk,nudge nudge slywink

• Upvote 1

Who's the Jessop who has a monument in his/her honour? It's not the retailer who sold out to John Lewis is it?

This was William Jessop jr (1774-1852), a major partner in the Butterley Company of Ripley who lived at Butterley Hall. He was the son of William Jessop sr. who built lots of canals and was a founding partner in what became the Butterley Company.

see http://www.codnor.info/Monument.php