Druids Tavern Landlord/lady

Does anyone remember Eric and Hilda, Landlord/lady of the Druids Tavern on High Street Arnold back in the 1960s? I wonder when they retired and what became of them afterwards?

The Druids was never a pub a I used very much having only visited a couple of times in the late seventies. You'll probably know that the pub has been demolished? That was around a couple of years ago and what remains is a weed-strewn patch of wasteland.

I think that's the reason a lot of people wouldn't go there Den. An acquired taste in what was a solidly Home Brewery suburb. I did hear that the opening hours for the current police station nearby were to be curtailed, not sure if that happened. Also there was talk of a new health centre on High Street somewhere or other I think. I reckon it got shelved.

I am of the opinion that all three of the major Nottingham breweries (plus Mansfield Ales) were beers of character; especially Shippo's. I have brewed my own beer for many years but never matched the flavour of a good pint of Shipstone's - or should I say 'honest p*ss' (anag). A mate used to work in Saudi and when he arrived at Heathrow for leave he used to take the first train to Nottingham for a pint of Shippo's in the Wheatsheaf on Ilkeston Road near Canning Circus.