Fosset & Thorne / Radio Trent Ads / Chris Ashley

Welcome Christo200

And Beefsteak (name Dropper) :)

Ask him can I ring him sometime, haven't had any abuse for ages? :)

Find out if any recordings from his Radio Trent days still exist?

Would be great to hear them.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Donny Osmond?

Part.2 ..Done lunchtime shows...mad hectic..upto 90!

Posted Images

Here's a couple of pictures (From scans) of his and Margarets 'leaving do' when he left Catchems and they moved to The Bull at a place called Wilson near Castle Donington.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/beefsteak44/8407957321/'>8407957321_d03e5083db_b.jpg

http://www.flickr.com/photos/beefsteak44/8409052326/'>8409052326_db8858feef_b.jpg

Bet you don't know who the fat bloke is !!

A true inspiration and mate

think i got som photoes of margret presenting trophies at one of the presentation nights of king of the french fishing clubused to meet at catchems will bring them to meet up and you can tell me for certain. ill bring some copies for you to take over on your hols beeffy

babs

Mick , do you want to split this to a Chris (And Margaret) Ashley appreciation society page?

I looked at this but there are too many mixed posts it would mean moving posts mentioning F&T into a thread with Chris?

Or lots of work cutting quotes into a new start post?

got a photo copier but not sure about scaning you know i am a bit of a tecno phobe

• 10 months later...

I used to live next door to Catchems in the late 80s/early 90s and was in there 2 or 3 nights a week, Chris and Margaret were good friends with my parents. I seem to remember that Chris was a Brighton fan, which caused great amusement to me (as a Notts fan) when we beat them in the 1991 play off final at Wembley. Went straight in the pub when I got back from the game to meet my parents, still wearing my Notts shirt, and got a free pint off Chris to celebrate

• 2 years later...

I remember Chris Ashley winding us Forest fans up. He was brilliant at it, so we tuned in when coming back from the match but he always had an answer even when we won

I'm off out to meet up with him again in a few weeks (5th-19th August) We'll be staying a fair old distance away this time as we'll be doing quite a bit of property hunting in the Costa Del Azahar area whilst there this time over, but we are having at least one day with them.
In the past few years Chris has gone back to work for "Real Radio" retired,"Power FM" retired, "TKO Gold" retired, "TKO" retired , then back to "Power FM" finally retiring in April (But I'm not holding my breath............LOL)

• 2 years later...

Whose number was 482482?

Seem to remember Richard Briers doing the voice over.... "elephant, double elephant, half an elephant, twice".

Also, been mentioned earlier, but the Coldseal Windows songs by a group that sounded like the wurzles. Seemed to have a new song every single week.