My Grandmother Eva Vale ( nee Willoughby ) had two brothers who were married to two women both called Lucy.

I am looking for information about these people as one of these familys came to Nottingham to live late

'30s or '40s I think, I have not got much information except that in the '50s my grandmother used to go to Bestwood Park Estate to see her sister in law Lucy Willoughby.

I have found a Willoughby family on Genes Reunited that may be them :

Lesley b Sept 1917

Douglas & Joan b June 1922

Jean b 1925

Derrick b March 1927

All were born in Woodseats Sheffield & their parents were Frank Willoughby & Lucy Armitage.

On the other hand it could be the other brother George & Lucy Wishshaw who had one son George

b Sept 1914.

As there are no more living relatives apart from myself , any information would be gratefully appreciated

Barbara M

My family is the part that came to Sheffield , Charles & family , they were Scythe Grinders & lived in the Woodseats area, also some members lived in Meersbrook & Heeley.

Thanks for answering.

Cheers,

Barbara M.

Eva's parents were George Willoughby b1859 & Martha Ellen Lowe b 1858 , they married in 1882 at Woodseats, Sheffield. Eva my grandmother was born on 4th Dec 1883 at Chesterfield Rd, Norton Woodseats, Sheffield & her siblings were :

Helen b c1885

George b c 1888

Frank b c 1892

Arthur b c 1894

I hope this helps,

Barbara.

Could this be Frank's death in Sheffield, therefore ruling him out? Also, the only one of the three where I've found a possible death in Nottingham is Arthur - Arthur Willoughby 1893 Jul-Aug-Sep 1982 Nottingham Nottinghamshire

Frank Willoughby abt 1892 Oct-Nov-Dec 1927 Sheffield

Yorkshire West Riding

As far as I know all the brothers died in Sheffield, it was Lucy Willoughby that died in Nottingham, trouble is I don't know when !!

I thought if I could trace the family, Lesley, twins Douglas & Joan, Jean & Derrick or even George ( if it is the other family. ) that is if they are still alive !!

It's a right mystery & thanks for your help .

Barbara.

This looks promising as the second Lucy Willoughby ( nee Wishshaw ) who was married to the elder brother George with the one son George born in 1914 , is approx the right age for it to be her.

I will send for the Death Cert & check it out ......it's only £9.50 after all !!! Keep your fingers crossed & I will let you know the outcome.

Barbara

• 3 weeks later...

Thankyou very much annswabey for the link to Lucy Willoughby ( nee Wishshaw ) you gave me , as I sent for the death certificate & according to what was on it, it's almost certain to be the one I want !!

She is the second Lucy & since then I have found out that she had two daughters before the son I knew about.

I have sent off a letter to her grandson who registered the death , who now lives in Deal, Kent , but as it was over 30 yrs ago I have to just hope that he has not moved since .

Will send you a pm if anything comes of it.

Thanks again.

Barbara.

Very Good Barbara :)

Please update this topic with any information you can.

Anything posted here is logged by Google for future searchers to find.

Names are particularly good to post.