University boulevard....dunkirk island end ??

Spot on. It's surprising that most of the buildings are actually still there; just the road itself which has changed. On today's view, look at the first two buildings on the right which are a bit further down on the old photo. It's just the big three-storey building on the right which has gone.

http://maps.google.c...,267.89,,0,3.27

Seems that bit is actually called Beeston Road

• 7 years later...

I can't answer Trogg's question, but thanks to him for reviving this thread.

As a result of this, I've repaired the original photo which started the thread back in 2011. It had been blurred by the Photobucket Blackmail Dept.

You've exceptional eyesight Lizzie. I think it says that at the bottom doesn't it ?

oops I must have had a senior moment,  I only thought about posting it but thought better of it as it might revive unpleasant memories of one of our Nottstalgins.  Sorry its my age honest.

Thanks for the clearer photo Cliff Ton.

1 hour ago, FLY2 said:

You've exceptional eyesight Lizzie. I think it says that at the bottom doesn't it ?

I honestly never saw the writing at the bottom, assume I was correct then!   It was only a guess because I can’t ever remember this seat of learning ....... 

• Upvote 1

I would never intentionally do anything to upset you Jill as you are the only person in the world who calls me "young".  You cannot imagine what a boost it gives me, I have no chance of living up to the standards from others coming from Bestwood Estate. lol

• Like 1

I'll forgive you then, young Trogg!  Just don't post any pictures of Irish females who taught maths at that cursed establishment, otherwise I'll never speak to you again!

Even Ben would have drawn the line at flirting with her!

• Like 1