Paulus

Farrands, Marsdens, Maypole, Dewhurst, etc

Don't know about that Ian................but Chinese can't pronounce their ''B'' s for some reason ,,so Rollocks was my way of communicating........lol

1 hour ago, benjamin1945 said:

There wern't that many VG stores in Nottingham,,, 

England's,  on Alfreton Road, Bobbers Mill, became a VG store for a while in the late 60s. Remember the blue and white stripes!

• Like 1

Don't recall that one..............but further along on the right  towards Hyson Green proper.......i used to deal with a great character with a tiny general store,,Scotsman by the name of 'Walter Muir' and his wife........it was constantly busy with a Bus stop outside,,his wife always made me coffee while Walter and i did business between him serving customers constantly,, the shop would only hold about 6 or 8 people,,

This was about 1973...........anyone remember little Walter ?

When I was seven or eight Dad used to send me for his beer to a beer off on Watnall Rd in Hucknall. Rather than an Enamel Jug, I took a screw top bottle. Once the bottle was full the Shopkeeper would stick a pilferproof label strip across the top to stop me having a swig .Wouldn`t have dared. 

• Like 1