Farrands, Marsdens, Maypole, Dewhurst, VG, Vernons, etc

• Replies 634
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

By Request then.............. Like all other aspects of my Teen years,at Marsdens,loved doing deliverys to customers on the Granville with big Basket..no gears and hardwork up the hills of Bestwo

Next delivery was Mrs Taylor....who lived 2 doors from me on Andover road  .......knew her all my life...even Babysat me when i was a little un....a very formidable lady had 5 kids all much older than

Last delivery to Mrs Timberlake...Hucknall road..... Morning Mrs T....Where you want me to put your Order ? Just leave it on the Hall Table Ben...How much is it ?  (she was a customer that p

Posted Images

1 hour ago, IAN FINN said:

I can see the photo i raced a stock car just down the road at Long Eaton in 1965 anyone remember the Pavilion Hotel on Station Rd?

Yes, I used to go with my dad to the Stock Car Racing in the late 1960s.

https://nottstalgia.com/forums/topic/1302-long-eaton-stadium-stock-cars-and-speedway/?tab=comments#comment-10272

I still go to the same dentist on Derby Road in Moth Eaton that I’ve been going to for 50 years. It was quite convenient when we lived in Castle Donington but not quite so now that we are in Loughborough. Gives my car a thrash up the M1 though and they are really nice there and will always fit you in if it’s an emergency. A couple of years ago I noticed the landlady of the first flat we rented in the waiting room and we had a right old natter. 

• Upvote 1
13 hours ago, philmayfield said:

No, dogs and betting are not my thing. Only been to Southwell races once in 60+ years.

Don;t like the dogs you put £1 on and dogs just fly past. NOW horse racing is better as you watch your horse going round and you can see it win.  You say Southwell  races,  have you taken your other half to LADIES DAY if not this is a must, all the race tracks will have a Ladies Day.  live a little phil.

• 4 weeks later...

:)

On 6/14/2020 at 3:39 PM, benjamin1945 said:

..Happy New year to you all..........Photo at Railway club Bulwell......great ''New years Eve's''

Spent most of my Teenage 'New years Eve's'' here...in the 60s........either behind the Bar or Dancing with my Mam and Aunts....must have been at least 20 family members there on these special nights...even my 'Uncle's (mostly ex miners and Railwaymen) loved a Dance.........bless em all.....i'm the only survivor........

Sorry wrong thread......but ney mind....

Well i was working at Marsdens when photo was taken....:)

• Like 3
On 12/4/2023 at 5:25 PM, mary1947 said:

Don;t like the dogs you put £1 on and dogs just fly past. NOW horse racing is better as you watch your horse going round and you can see it win.  You say Southwell  races,  have you taken your other half to LADIES DAY if not this is a must, all the race tracks will have a Ladies Day.  live a little phil.

I love a day at the gg's. I have had shares in some successful horses. They often have Fashions on the Field on racedays here. Some of the female entrants are stunning. Unfortunately at some of big meetings later in the day and due to the imbibing of a few too many Pimms No1 or similar, things can get a little indecorous with over exposure and showing next weeks washing often being a problem.

Living only 10 minutes drive from Southwell racecourse I must confess I’ve only been there once in 62 years in the area and that was to a dinner one evening in a January. My only flutter is my weekly donation to the lottery which I look upon as a charitable donation!