Childhood sounds

Thanks for the info on Harrier Way, Benjamin. I have just spent loads and loads of time looking it up Google Maps and then got distracted into looking up all sorts of other things. I really couldn't believe how much Hucknall has changed but then, I'm forgetting it's more than fifty years since I lived there.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I remember when we'd moved to Bestwood Village when I was 14, I'd lay in bed with the window wide open listening to the night sounds of the village. There was a slipping screaching conveyor belt on th

That could be my memories coll0410. A different colliery village, but the same sounds. Not a Mackemsons bus but a Butlers Brothers Bedford OB bus, The B8 ran through the village but it was only M

Jill This should bring back some memories of Sunday lunchtime  

There's certainly Harrier Way as well - seems to go on for miles!

I noticed some other additions slightly perinent to me and which I'd not noticed previously: Voce Gardens (Bill Voce [cricketer] was a friend of my dad) and Robin Bailey Way (I knew him slightly but knew his sister better - she ran Bailey's Pot Shop on the High Street).

• Like 1

In Kirkby there are some very large statues depicting a cricket scene,,,,Bill Voce fielding at 'forward mid off'' Don Bradman complete with bat and Harold Larwood in full flow from the bowling end..............real Cricketing place is Kirkby,,,one of my neighbours tells me he used to live next door to Arthur Jepson in Kirkby.............

• Like 1