• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Santa’s been! He’s left me a small polythene greenhouse!

I have the donkey in the garden to check the weather if its dripping its raining if it is white it is snowing if you can not see it it is foggy if its tail is wagging it is windy if its gone we have h

So far...So Good. Stay at home the weather man said, so we have. We are sorting out cupboards and drawers. 20 assorted pairs of shoes(That is all I will admit too?, (2 full scanties drawers(Thanks to

Completely agree Nonna..........to be honest i find the way younger women dress today very unattractive............probably my age....ladies back in the 50s 60s and 70s had much more style and knew how to carry it off...........

Be down the Palais or Locarno tonight if i had a ''Time Machine'':rolleyes:

• Like 1

RR She cerainly didnt look in the mirror. Shes very attractive pity the dress doesnt do her justice.

And I'm not being catty just honest. As I said a womans point of view not a mans.

Benjamin, whenever we see films or photos of when we were young my husband always says" they had style and elegance" no matter whether they are male or female. Fashion changes.

• Like 1

I agree radfordred. Surely they are on tv to give us their expert knowledge  on the weather ? Does it really matter if they are fat, pregnant or pretty? 
I do agree with the dress sense though

Mrs B

I dont think I insulted anyone, it was the way you described the weather lady. I only want women to look good in anything they wear but when its too tight its vulgar.Come on I didnt mention she was fat. Who cares there are so many of us overweight, but there are ways to dress. I repeat Im not being catty so dont take it that way. Women should look good in correctly fitted clothes. 

• Like 1

Hoping for accuracy in forecasting weather beyond the next hour or so is always going to be a disappointment, but a general indication is usually more than sufficient. You can of course make use of the various free 'apps' and make your own judgement, dress optional.

All the BBC 'dolly birds' have degrees. Willets a first in physics, Powell a PhD in engineering, and most trained at the Met College. It's possible their training is  a little more detailed than a fairly easy multi-choice exam, and it's quite likely they would lose you in technical detail should they choose

I take a keen interest in meteorology and have have electronic equipment including an anemometer and a rain gauge sending information to my weather station. I have a mercury barometer, an aneroid one and a barograph which produces hard copy charts. I also have a bunch of seaweed! :biggrin:

We look at the sky although that doesn’t always work. Fog turns to sun, sun turns to rain and then it snows and turns to rain followed by fog. Very hot this morning, all doors and windows open tonight freezing. Roll on spring and summer when we can ALMOST depend on the weather 

As a trained met observer in Air Traffic (my first job at Luton Airport when I left school) I would agree that a lot of the weather is given to us by presenters but they are passing this on from experts. As a keen gardener and wildlife enthusiast in my retirement, I also agree that looking at how these can also predict the weather as with Jill Sparrow’s comment about seaweed and pine cones. 
wild wx at the moment that’s for sure.

Mrs B