NBL, Thank you for the warning. As I sit here watching the trees bend over, it is clear that the wind is getting stronger.:Shock:

I knew our house was draughty but, blummin eck, there's doors opening upstairs and downstairs in unison. A good setting for a spooky film, I think.

My guess at the neighbours trees being 40ft was very wrong. I have just been informed they might be 60+ft. Hope we are still out of reach. Whoah. :biggrin:

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Santa’s been! He’s left me a small polythene greenhouse!

I have the donkey in the garden to check the weather if its dripping its raining if it is white it is snowing if you can not see it it is foggy if its tail is wagging it is windy if its gone we have h

So far...So Good. Stay at home the weather man said, so we have. We are sorting out cupboards and drawers. 20 assorted pairs of shoes(That is all I will admit too?, (2 full scanties drawers(Thanks to

1 hour ago, FLY2 said:

Glorious sunshine and clear blue sky here, so I presume it's all done and dusted ! Panic over !

Wish I was in Nottingham!  There's low cloud over the whole sky in a pink/grey colour and can't even see the sun.  However, we haven't had any Sahara dust on the car - it's just plain old Fenland muck - needs washing... The wind seems to be getting stronger, though

The storm is heading north! Its not swinging round to cross NE England, the borders. It was originally tracked to go right over Edinburgh. 

Here in Teesside, its very quiet indeed. Almost no wind at all. The sky earlier was something out of an apocalyptic movie but is just light cloud now. 

At least it's a break from politics, but I'm bored with it now.  What's next ?

36 minutes ago, mercurydancer said:

The storm is heading north! Its not swinging round to cross NE England, the borders. It was originally tracked to go right over Edinburgh. 

Here in Teesside, its very quiet indeed. Almost no wind at all. The sky earlier was something out of an apocalyptic movie but is just light cloud now. 

Sounds just like it was here two or three weeks ago.

Well a peaceful night, barely any wind, and hardly a leaf in sight on the drive and pavement this morning. 

They're probably already stacked up at Hucknall by now ! 

Ha, ha, sorry trogg, but it's surely easier for you just to bag them, and take them to the tip ! 

I'd have done that if my drive was full. It's ones duty to help the community ! LOL

I have incurred one loss though, as an empty bird feeder has blown off the maple tree. 

Fly I have a large garden as I am unable to do much regarding digging ,planting etc so I had it all turfed and as there was quite a few old fruit trees I have planted many more. Its great for the wildlife but picking up windfalls and leaves is a major problem, the wife has promised me if I buy another tree she will plant it some where in my body.The grandson loves it when work needs doing in the garden , but I do find he over charges.

Half a crown an hour is not exorbitant trogg !

• Like 2

When our children were small - about 6 - 9 years old - we used to send them into the garden to pull up all the rye grass in the 'lawn'. We paid them 2p per stalk.   It was many, many  years later when  two of them told us that they kept on showing us the same stalks instead of throwing them away as we'd asked!  

• Like 1

Oh Margie, you were well and truly done there. They obviously saw you coming !

• Upvote 1

Budding Bransons or Sugars......... Oh, Wrong topic, it should be in Rip off Britain !

I felt a bit sad that they'd been dishonest... even if it was only a minor thing.    When they told us, they still thought it was funny.  I suppose I must have been a 'goody-goody' when I was a little child, as I would never have lied to my parents!   And back in 1976, every 2p counted as we weren't that well off then!  

Disregard their inheritance !

Oh dear, sorry trogg mate, I'd mown the leaves off the lawn, and went through my back gate to put them in the garden waste bin ready for collection tomorrow. I noticed a great pile had built up against the front gate. I opened it  in order to take the bin out, and sweep them up to put in the bin, when all of a sudden, a gust of wind took the whole lot down my drive and into Hucknall Rd, and off they went down to hill. I think they must be at Bestwood Rd, or Moorbridge by now. 

Can you please collect them for me, but as my bin is now full, dispose of them for me. Thanks in anticipation !

thumbsup

• Upvote 1

Sorry I was a bit slow my neighbour has them now I feel sure you wont mind him keeping them. Half a crown my grandson will laugh at me , he still wonders how we managed without mobile phones in the dark ages, when I tried to explain we never had a phone in the house for years he wont believe me and thinks I going on about the good old days and becomes bored.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Don't they all. It's now £20 a month, or there's glum looks !

Loppylugs  if I told him that he would most likely rebuke me for not getting it on my ipad or smart phone , if he only knew that if we was very very lucky we were able to sit around a neighbours tv,  and that was because we all thought that they were very rich.

• Like 1