I was reading about your red sun online last night.  Some claim the redness could not have come from the Saharah because the wind was not coming from there.  I wouldn't know.  Lot of weird stuff weather wise going on everywhere now.  Some folks are saying Yellowstone is going to blow.  I don't get too excited.  I live one day at a time.  Nothing I can do anyway.:rolleyes:

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Santa’s been! He’s left me a small polythene greenhouse!

I have the donkey in the garden to check the weather if its dripping its raining if it is white it is snowing if you can not see it it is foggy if its tail is wagging it is windy if its gone we have h

So far...So Good. Stay at home the weather man said, so we have. We are sorting out cupboards and drawers. 20 assorted pairs of shoes(That is all I will admit too?, (2 full scanties drawers(Thanks to

• 1 year later...

Why are we now naming Storms?  We’re getting more and more Americanisms into our vocabulary.    Storm Gareth is evidently the 7th named storm of the year, does naming them make them more noticeable to us hardy Brits?   Ok, it’s not nice out there and is expected to get worse overnight but its doubtful that there will be loss of life and buildings destroyed as happens in the Caribbean and USA in the hurricane season. 

• Like 3

It's to overemphasise things Lizzie, so as to feed our heads with garbage and make us stay put after weather warnings. 

Its just another way of subconsciously controlling the uneducated masses. Fake news !

• Like 1

Late at night, I often play a word game called Word Cookies, whereby you're presented with a seven jumbled letter word which you have to solve, then find loads of different words containing those letters. It's very relaxing, but the problem is that it's an American game I suspect, and their spellings of many words are watered down English. Passes the time though.

• 2 years later...

We're on Red alert, here in Sussex. Keeping an eye on a tree outside our lounge window as it's looking a bit suspect. My surgery texted me this morning, to say my 10.00am appointment had been altered to a phone chat, due the dangerous weather conditions. They don't want me to take any risks.

Here in Cambs it’s very very windy and the gusts have moved all the wooden garden furniture about 3 feet, blown over some shelves which were against a wall - all with full plant pots on them - and taken the plastic cover off my bike.  
It’s the gusts which do the damage…

So far...So Good. Stay at home the weather man said, so we have. We are sorting out cupboards and drawers. 20 assorted pairs of shoes(That is all I will admit too?, (2 full scanties drawers(Thanks to our Chulla for that one), Handbags Galore, Cycling gear and millions of socks, Hair tongs, bits and bobs, plastic bags and last but not least.......The dreaded makeup drawer, some of it is that old that the price ticket stuck on it is in Pounds Shillings and pence.

Well guess what, It has all gone back in the cupboards for another day.:P

Sitting here on my sofa, now looking up my garden through the 'patio doors' awaiting the storm to show, just watching my 16/7foot Red Robin borders, all still intact, blowing too and fro reminds me of the gentle swaying wattle. Not!:)

• Like 3

It tends to be a bit breezy up here on the forbidding slopes of the Billinge Massif, so anything that was going to blow away from our development did so years ago and over time we've all had our ridge tiles re-bedded, eaves clipped, 'dry verge' fitted etc.

We've not had it as bad as many, but  a short walk earlier had me leaning into the wind. Nobody seems to have lost any tiles this time.

However, 2 people killed by falling trees and one not far from here by flying debris going through a van windscreen.

Not nice.

According to Meteo we’re going to get it soon. Germany and Holland have had casualties. We don’t really get much wind here so wondering how much we’ll get. Hope everyone that did get it is safe and hope it didn’t do any damage.

Yes it does occasionally depends which channel you watch. Sometimes its a very slinky attractive young girl that looks as though her dress is far too tight.smile2

16 hours ago, LizzieM said:

Makes a change from the tv weather presenters we have …… most of the female ones are either pregnant or overweight.  

Maybe but I want to shout" get a bigger size your bum sticks out" but they dont listen. Most girls in the public eye (tv) are the same, ok if they are attractive but some are " slightly overweight" and they certainly don't look nice, but they think they do. Thats a female opinion, can't vouch for the male population.thumbsdownorthumbsup

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1