For anyone who hasn't been in the area recently, there will soon be a new multi-storey carpark on Queens Road (down the side of the railway station) for rail users.

I'd been past the place a few times whilst it was being built and it looked like any old multi-storey car park.

Now somebody has been along and stuck metal bits all along the sides. Is that an improvement? Or is it the new Contemporary?

DSCF1067.jpg

DSCF1065.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

It looks great when the sun shines on it and it's a lot more interesting to look at than the other city centre car parks.

6829269412_93e1e5ea9b_d.jpg

6830492848_df7d3e1a8d_d.jpg

6829269592_8331c1e143_d.jpg

Some of you have no vision..................................Nottingham Castle was probably considered an eyesore, but only by the serfs, so it didn't matter, just as today

Never thought of that Cliff Ton!! Must admit, it looked impressive when the sun was shining on it when I went to Meadow Lane the other Saturday.....

I guess it is not the look of the place that bothers me so much as the fact that there doesn't seem to be any planning involved in setting a "style" for the whole city. Seems like older architecture was designed with the surroundings in mind, and made to blend in with existing buildings to give an overall "effect". Now it just seems like they go for the most outrageous they can to make it stand out from the rest.

The city planners should be shot!

It's a car park built on wasteland! Perhaps they should have adopted the style of the car parks at Broadmash and Arndale - plain boring concrete.

The car park is part of the southside regeneration project - http://www.nottinghamregeneration.ltd.uk/nottingham-city-projects/southside

I think Nottingham is lacking in adventurous architecture and I'd love to see more built on the derelict land around the station and at Boots island.

I don't like boring concrete either,but I don't like buildings like that.This car park in Glasgow is what I call interesting architecture...not this clever clever stuff.

031d9e5c.jpg

That Glasgow one is good; doesn't look like a concrete car park.

But the thing near the station isn't the first visually challenging car park in Nottingham. It was tried a few years ago when someone tried to make a boring car park look interesting by sticking things on the outside.

Didn't work.

park.jpg

• 3 months later...