Emett water clock...and other clocks

I was on Notts TV this evening.  The schedule says it was Episode 448.  It should be on again at 10pm tonight (my bit around 10:45pm) and repeated:

Tomorrow 9:00am (my bit around 9:45am)

Sunday 9:00am (my bit around 9:45am).

Monday 7:00am (my bit around 7:45am)

Monday 8:00am (my bit around 8:45am)

The Vic Centre management surprised me by presenting me with a really nice acrylic painting by local artist Molly Moss of me standing aside the clock (explains the request for a photo of me last year on one of the days I was there to fix it!)

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yet another update! We've put some serious hours in this week, building the clock in Birmingham (Millennium Point - access is free if you are anywhere near but read on to understand what you might

Nope, not TT. On the matter of drinking, each day I've worked within that enclosure has been physically exhausting because of the heat and humidity - somewhere between a greenhouse and a sauna. Have

Thank you for the kind comments, especially from those of you who have followed me on this journey. On location, I think the natural daylight is great - it is after all meant to be a sunflower, cobwe

Posted Images

The sleet and rain delayed my trip into town yesterday (Friday) but will try to come and say hello today Mr Engineer

Notts TV on demand.  I don't know how long it will be available.  Segment on Emett Clock starts at around 38 minutes in.

• Like 3

Just watched your piece on Notts tv., Mr.Engineer, or may I now call you Peter? A most interesting film for this exile to watch. Also now to be able to put a face to a post. Now I know a tv personality. Can I have your autograph?

I had a phone call yesterday from Sonia Kataria (BBC online content) to chat about my involvement with the clock and she's posted this article:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-nottinghamshire-68512528

Separately, I had a phone call from BBC Radio Nottingham and recorded something that will go out in their weekend bulletins (I didn't think to ask what time to listen)

• Like 3
  • 1 month later...

@The Engineer  Just read the article about the clock - very interesting…

When I first saw the clock i was very young and believed it was driven by the water - like a water wheel - but after I’d left Nottingham around 1960, and later visited it, I studied it more closely and decided it must have a motor.  
well done for maintaining it so well

I always thought it looked a bit Heath Robinson and somewhat flaky in its construction so well done for keeping it going.

• Upvote 1