Trying to find history on houses, can anyone help?

The family search site is good - some census for free and baptisms and marriages

https://www.familysearch.org/

For BMD after 1837, have a look at FreeBMD

http://www.freebmd.org.uk/

Also the Gale Newspaper database. You may be able to get it for free via your local library. If not, join Lancs Libraries (you don't have to live in Lancs), to get access to it.

THANKS ANN MY GRAND MOTHER WAS BORN IN 1878 IN HEANOR DERYSHIRE AND WAS THE DAUGHTER OF ENOCH AND FANNY HENSHAW HER GIVEN NAME WAS ADA, HER FATHER DIED IN 1881 WHEN SHE WAS THREE AND FANNY WAS EITHER JUST ABOUT TO GIVE BIRTH OR HAD JUST HAD HER SECOND CHILD ANNIE BROTHER JAMES WAS OBVIOUSLY THE SON BY SOMEONE ELSE. I HAVE JUST SENT FOR DEATH CERTIFICATE FOR ENOCH AND BIRTH CERTIFICATE FOR ANNIE TO TRY AND GIVE ME A BIT MORE INFORMATION .

PIXIE A COUPLE OF LOCAL HISTORY BOOKLETS YOU MAY FIND USEFUL ARE LOCO VILLAGE BY PETER BARRIE WAIT I THINK I PAID AROUND £6..50 FRON ST GEORGES CENTRE .

CARLTON NETHERFIELD AND COLWIICK BY GRENVILLE JENNINGS YESTERDAYS NOTTINGHAMSHIRE SERIES 20 PRICE AROUND £3 TO £4 POUNDS BUT I AM SURE THEY WILL ALSO BE AVAILABLE IN CARLTON LIBARY.

Tried to send you a message piggy and babs but it tells me that you can't accept new messages!

Thanks for the info on the thread but can you tell me more, please!

Who did Ada marry and when?

Did Fanny remarry after Enoch's death and if so, to whom?

Which census do the James and Annie you mention appear on?

What was your Mum's name and where was she born?

Guineas! Crowns and Florins.

And Chains and Furlongs!

Poohbear

Scruples, Drachms, Ounces, Pounds :o)

\snip\

I cant afford to pay to dig up any history & i cant get out the house much as i have a newish born baby & the weathers abit cold to drag her to a library in, is there anywere online i can get the information from?

Thanks for the help in advance! :)

When you can get out visit your local archives. You can usually search for free but if you want them to do it for you there is a small charge. The archivist will be happy to help you. You may also be able to search the archive online, depending upon whether or not they have modernised yet. It's better to be there in person because the archivist can lend you his/her experience.