• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Best wishes for a Happy Christmas to you all. Hope we all get the opportunity for our vaccines as soon as possible (That is for those who want them) Wishing you all a Happy and Healthy 2021. Thankyou

Syd and Babs     Twas the night before Christmas And all through Ben's house Syd and Babs were cavorting With a toy catnip mouse!   "He's a bit of a charmer!" Mewed Sy

Luckily we have two great grandchildren living next door. Tomorrow morning they will be here opening their presents in front of the cosy wood burning stove. A morning that they may remember for the rest of their lives, when log burners are a thing of the past.

Best wishes my friends - it's been a pleasure sharing posts with you all :cool:

• Like 5

I have two grandsons for dinner tomorrow ,sitting in front of the log fire but they will be complaining that they havent been here for a long time. Since they were toddlers they have always referred here as Grans Cafe often calling in before Covid for food and introducing latest girl friends. Be nice to see them they both had the test before being allowed to come.

Best wishes to you all you have my the last year more bearable for me , stay safe.

• Like 4

Best wishes for a Happy Christmas to you all. Hope we all get the opportunity for our vaccines as soon as possible (That is for those who want them) Wishing you all a Happy and Healthy 2021. Thankyou all for your friendship again during the last year and for your well wishes during the last 6/7 weeks that Chris and I have at times felt very ill and frightened for our future. I will always look in at the beginning and end of my day, just to see what is happening with you all. Best Wishes Miducks.xxxxx:biggrin:

• Like 10

Hiya P.P., it's bin a pleasure conversing with you too. I've enjoyed your exploits with the coop and chickens. As Mrs.P.P. taken up painting yet? Kindest regards to you both, Barrie.

• Like 1

I second all above comments and hope that 2021 will be different for us all.Have a happy Christmas as I know you will if you have your family close.

Next doors little girl has just had a visit from Santa, how I wish for those times again. Christmas is magic with children isn't it?

Dont eat too much but drink a bit more and forget the virus for a few days but still remember to stay safe. 

• Like 1

This Christmas will be very different for us as our immediate family are all  staying in their own homes for the whole Christmas period, not because we are contagious anymore but we are not well enough for the usual get together, both Christmas day and our 54th Anniversary on Boxing day. 

This is the very first Christmas that we have been on our own since 1966, I have already booked my big sofa, hubbs gets the two seater. Lots of laying about eating chocs and Trifle. Already sampled some after tea today. MmMm. Well somebody has too..........:)

• Like 2

Syd and Babs

Twas the night before Christmas
And all through Ben's house
Syd and Babs were cavorting
With a toy catnip mouse!

"He's a bit of a charmer!"
Mewed Syd 'mid their fun.
"He's a Tom cat, like me
But he's never been 'done'!"

"He keeps trying to catch me,"
Grinned Babs with a purr.
"For kisses and cuddles
Keeps tickling my fur."

"I think he's a keeper," said Syd
"As our pet.
But to keep him in order
A trip to the vet

"Might be wise. It's quite painless.
He's inclined to roam
Knows some right dodgy females.
He'll be bringing them home."

"Good idea," growled young Babs
With a chew at her nails
"He'll be out caterwauling
And fighting young males!"

"Get him down to the vet
When the new year's seen in.
But for now, go and tell him
To open a tin!"   :P

• Like 6

Well the day gone what did everyone receive for Christmas. My dearest wife must love me she is concerned that I never went away this year even for 1 night also I am always wearing jeans and a T shirt so I need to smarten myself up. So she gave me these presents,

IMG-20201226-115344-resized-20201226-115

IMG-20201226-115254-resized-20201226-115

• Like 1

PIFCO still exists - at least over here. I bought a PIFCO column fan a few years ago from Galeries Lafayette in NIce a few years ago. It was fitted with a UK plug - as so many things are.

We had a lovely Christmas Day at our good friends beautiful apartment in the Lace Market.  After a very relaxed morning opening presents we drove into town in the 83 year old Morris 8.  A good day to be on the road with her as Nottingham roads were very quiet!  My friend is an excellent cook (the original domestic  goddess) and the day was so relaxing for us as she insisted she didn’t want or need any help.  
We took a taxi home at 11.30 pm and this morning walked into town to collect Little Mo, thankfully the roads were again fairly quiet. Must admit that I don’t enjoy going out in the car and I’m relieved when we get back with it and it’s tucked up again in the garage!