Is everyone ready for christmas? theres only one more weekend to go!

Decoration & Tree is up, Presents underneath, oooft im excited!!

..Hows everyone spending their christmas this year?

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Best wishes for a Happy Christmas to you all. Hope we all get the opportunity for our vaccines as soon as possible (That is for those who want them) Wishing you all a Happy and Healthy 2021. Thankyou

Syd and Babs     Twas the night before Christmas And all through Ben's house Syd and Babs were cavorting With a toy catnip mouse!   "He's a bit of a charmer!" Mewed Sy

BUSY AS USUAL UP TO CHRISTMAS BUT GOING OUT FOR LUNCH CHRISTMAS DAY, TO THE WHITEHART LENTON TRADITIONAL XMAS LUNCH FOUR COARESES £19. 99. CHRISSTMAS DAY GOOD VALU AND IF ITS AS NICE AS CHRISTMAS MEAL WE HAD ON FRIDAY FOR BIKERS DO IT WILL BE GOOD

BUSY AS USUAL UP TO CHRISTMAS BUT GOING OUT FOR LUNCH CHRISTMAS DAY, TO THE WHITEHART LENTON TRADITIONAL XMAS LUNCH FOUR COARESES £19. 99. CHRISSTMAS DAY GOOD VALU AND IF ITS AS NICE AS CHRISTMAS MEAL WE HAD ON FRIDAY FOR BIKERS DO IT WILL BE GOOD

Do they still have the Jazz club there on Thursdays? It's 30yrs since I last went but some things don't change :o)

Is everyone ready for christmas? theres only one more weekend to go!

Decoration & Tree is up, Presents underneath, oooft im excited!!

..Hows everyone spending their christmas this year?

Same as every year...with my dogs.No relatives in the UK now.Just another week to me.

yes we think so too hence not bothering with cooking. we got a four course on friday night for £10..99really nice meal too i had turkey and dave had beef for mains. we have been so busy the last few weeks. we will need a good rest by then.

already done the lads chicken cassaroles and put them in the freezer will prepere ad leave veg ready for them when they want to eat as they dont want to come out with us .

I'm not sure exactly what's happening here just yet.

SWMBO is working a 12 hour shift on Christmas Eve, off for the whole of Christmas day, but working a late shift on Boxing Day, and a 12 hour shift on Tuesday the 27th, throwing things into a bit of dissaray. I then have to get us over to Nott'm for the Tuesday night to have Christmas part two with my family over there.

I've actually already bought all the food apart from the veg, so it's definately happening sometime or another and not going to get missed here ...LOL

On the subject of dining out for Christmas, I remember going out for Christmas dinner once (Although my sister and my mother are adamant that it never happened, but then again they're both senile , as we also had an argument, in the the same conversation with them both insisting that we went for a meal once in the Miltons Head !!!!! and not listening to me trying to explain that the Miltons Head was in fact always a pub and never a restaurant, where we actually went was "The New Welbeck" , both of them insist it's me that's going potty even though they both agreed that where we went was the "Berni Inn" on Milton street that you went down stairs to !!! You've got to love 'em) Anyway I digress , we went to "The Burntstump" and were shocked to find it was over 20 quid a head (30 odd years ago) so to get a meal at Chrimbo for 19 quid is doing pretty good Babs , enjoy !

Enjoying my (early) retirement, before which I would probably be working between 6am and midnight.

And with the prospect of being woken by a call-out outside those hours.

Not for me this year thank you :)

Bah humbug! Christmas as a young kid only remembered for the toys, later it was a drag, being shunted aound relatives, then another bad memory re an ex every christmas eve! Did my "bit" for my children, made sure they had good ones but could never get into it full 100%, hated christmas works do's too! all the falseness of it, usually volunteered for work when on, often christmas day too! now what did do with that rope! lol

\snip\, hated christmas works do's too! all the falseness of it, usually volunteered for work when on, often christmas day too! \snip\

I thought I was the only one! I work Xmas week and never go to Xmas works do's. They call me 'the miserable b'stard' when I'm out of earshot <g>

Merry Xmas :o(

This year we went to a chinese buffet.

The ones I hate are where a couple of weeks before Christmas you get a slice of turkey with the usual trimmings,

and a paper hat if your lucky, and for the privileged they charge you £29.95! Rip Off!

Actually. They did put their prices up at May-Sum.

But I starved myself all day to cut down the profits :)

And it was the D*rby one where they do Tappenyaki

Chinese Buffet Restaurant - D*rby | May Sum Buffet Restaurant

Maysum Chinese and Asian Buffet Restaurant Nottingham

• Upvote 1

I used to love a 'bat' round town on the lead up to Christmas . The Fountain was always a favourite for me. I remember one year a girl dressed up as a St Trinians schoolgirl , most enjoyable evening !!! (I never did know her name )

• Like 1

Got my Daughters Birthday on the 20th staying at home looking forward to seeing you all on the 28 Katjay it will be nice to see you too

Memories of the days when we broke up for Christmas at Raleigh!

The club on Farraday Road was always decked out nicely, one year after we left all that was left was the tree and it's lights !! I remember (Vaguely) going home on the bus and everybody was dressed up like christmas trees !