• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Best wishes for a Happy Christmas to you all. Hope we all get the opportunity for our vaccines as soon as possible (That is for those who want them) Wishing you all a Happy and Healthy 2021. Thankyou

Syd and Babs     Twas the night before Christmas And all through Ben's house Syd and Babs were cavorting With a toy catnip mouse!   "He's a bit of a charmer!" Mewed Sy

Its my first christmas with my own little family.. So christmas eve we all have a family get together, dinner and some drinks then christmas morning at home - to the rents for dinner then to the other part of my family for christmas tea! ...Then were to off to see the other halfs family on boxing day!

..Anyone got plans for NYE.. I allways try and celebrate it, then after it just feels like another night in town or at the pub .. just with a countdown to midnight lol so no idea what ill do this year - Possibley spend it at home for once with baby and partner, with a few bevvies when babys gone to bed maybe :)

\snip\

..Anyone got plans for NYE.. I allways try and celebrate it, then after it just feels like another night in town or at the pub .. just with a countdown to midnight lol so no idea what ill do this year - Possibley spend it at home for once with baby and partner, with a few bevvies when babys gone to bed maybe :)

I have been know to spend it camping. It is traditional here in Caithness to climb the mountain called Morven (biggest in our little county) on New Year's Day and no matter what the weather there is always someone climbing it. I currently have no plans for this New Year's Eve.

• 7 years later...
  • 1 year later...

I’ve just checked on the Christmas cracker stock and find we have two left over from last year so we’re well covered. It’s going to be strange sitting at opposite ends of the dining table with empty places all around. No turkey needed to please the family because it’s ‘traditional’. Chop chips and beans and apple pie if I get my way! (which I won’t)

Tell yus wot Phil, yus can allus put sum turkey in a sandwich bag and send it to us. We promise to distance share Christmas wiv you, unless of course, it's cancelled, due to lack of interest. Incidentally, we've got chops for Sunday lunch. Must say I like your idea of chips and beans.

• 2 weeks later...

Christmas began early in Aviemore. They had their lights up  when I visited.

lights.jpgon November 1st

• 3 weeks later...

The missis has bought me 10 litres of Shipstone's ale (Original bitter) for Xmas - I have no idea what I have done to upset her so much....I must have really p*ssed her off

:rotfl:

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...

Me and Mrs.Beekay had this agreement many years ago. We stopped buying each other presents, as it seemed just a token gesture. If she wants something, anyday of the year, she can have it. No need to wait for Christmas. It works both ways, although I end up paying any road! We send ourselves a daft card, from us to us.:rolleyes: 

PhilMayfield, I couldn't get any chops, so we're having a gammon joint instead. Any left will be with chips and egg.

• Like 1

Yep..but if they are pricey..you can ship them on..

Maybe it's just me, children aside, the giving of presents is a female thing.

Family buy crap,

Nohing better than, how did they know that? after only meeting a couple of times,

Thought into presents is everything..

Including a bogie on the stairwell.. ;)

Was referring to Phil Mayfield's post..

With me being out of action the wife has been busy getting presents for all the kids and some Grandkids {only some cos i think theres about 30 lol)  also for some lovely neighbours.......before i took ill i had stashed a few notes away...anyway yesterday i gave em to Donna to get what she wants..........big softie that i am............wonder what she's got me?

• Like 1

I had an impulse buy of a chunk of turkey at the farm shop yesterday. It wouldn’t really be Christmas if I didn’t have turkey to moan about. I think they’ve had to cut them up as the large ones weren’t  selling. Morrison’s sent us a pudding for 8 people but only charged for the small one we ordered. It’s our wedding anniversary today so I’m off to the farm shop this evening to buy the traditional Christmas bouquet.