Be a funny Xmas this year...wont see any of my kids........all my sons bar the one in Australia are single again.........:ohmy:

Edit  they had partners wernt wed.....

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Best wishes for a Happy Christmas to you all. Hope we all get the opportunity for our vaccines as soon as possible (That is for those who want them) Wishing you all a Happy and Healthy 2021. Thankyou

Syd and Babs     Twas the night before Christmas And all through Ben's house Syd and Babs were cavorting With a toy catnip mouse!   "He's a bit of a charmer!" Mewed Sy

Apart from Christmas Eve, I don't do Christmas.  Christmas Eve I like to spend alone, by the fire, in candlelight, listening to the strains of Thomas Tallis and his contemporaries, a glass of Aussie red in hand, looking back through the years. The memories are very powerful and become more so the older I become.

Otherwise, Christmas in my family has traditionally been a time when, if there's going to be death, disease and disaster, that's when it strikes. We were always glad when it was over.

• Like 1

We just received a fresh food parcel from our son and his wife. Two lobster dinners, a boeuf bourguiguion, creme caramels and a bottle of Chateau Pouilly Fumee all packed in a refrigerated box. That’s tonight’s dinner taken care of. I’m somewhat lost for words.:laughing:

I wonder how many of the Norfolk turkeys which were culled because of bird flu  last week will find their way on to the Christmas dinner table.... I say this because it would probably be a big temptation for some people taking the turkeys on the way from the farm to the ‘crem’  NOT to destroy a few of them ...

Anyone been offered cheap turkeys?

Vegetarian food only in this house...unless you're a moggie. No turkeys here.  Cottage pie, possibly, made with mince from The Meat Free Farm. Possibly beans on wholemeal toast with cheese. Haven't decided yet. One thing is for certain. There will be no food thrown away.  

Looks like being a foggy Christmas this year. Just looked outside and it's all murky grey..

Let me take this opportunity to wish everyone a peaceful and enjoyable Christmas. I won't say happy Christmas because for everyone it's not that. 

Please stay safe and sensible.

• Like 1

My sister in law sent us some Cannoli shells and some ricotta filling. 

I was just eating one when this happened. WHERES MINE SHE SAID.

20201223-154708-Original.jpg

• Like 3

Oddly  enough, we always told our dogs to get in their box when they were naughty or begging at the table etc. even though they had comfy beds rather than boxes!  In fact our Ridgeback’s large bed (years ago in the kitchen) was so comfortable that I found one of our sons sound asleep on it when I got up one morning, with the dog lying on the tiled floor next to him. 

• Like 5

I think ‘BOX’ might be a Nottingham thing? 

We have my daughters Jack Russell when they go on their jollies, she always says he comes home a different fit & lean well behaved dog, settee or the 1st run of the stairs I’d snap his legs off, let me know when you want your mutt looking after? 

Growing up always had a dog ......Rex then Floss   loved em,,,both now buried in Mam and Dads old Garden on Bestwood estate.......We always told them '''Get in ya Box''''  they never had a box always a basket and blanket...but box was the word we always used..........

• Like 3

It's well over half a century since I made my last visit to Garden Street on Christmas Eve. Coincidentally,  that last visit was on a Thursday.

I've often said how much I loved that house. It was a sort of time capsule, really. The furniture was all Victorian, there was no electricity above the ground floor, black out blinds from the war years still at the windows and always a roaring fire in the sitting room.

Christmas began with our visit to Emily and George at number 4. Tea, home made mince pies,  elderberry wine and the exchange of gifts before the arrival of my father, having broken up for the Christmas holiday. He'd have a glass of elderberry and Emily would hand over a basket containing more mince pies, a home made Christmas cake and a bottle of home made elderberry.

There were never Christmas decorations at number 4. No tree, no tinsel. It didn't matter. The spirit of Christmas resided in that house for me as a child and it has never been the same since.

• Like 4

Grand Daughter she’s just one seemed to think it’s okay to remove baubles off our Christmas tree, not after yesterday’s visit, ‘NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!’ funny to see her scamper away, daughter tells me she never touched her Christmas tree when she got home?