Any other arty farty people in the forum??

Im always upto something creative whenever i get a change (IE when babies sleeping.. at night when OH's home). I do alot of drawing, knitting, sewing, photography... & Today iv done my first painting on canvass! Just something for babies room so nothing amazing, couple of cartoony flowers.

Anyone else in here creative? What sort of stuff do you make/do? would love to hear other peoples creative little hobbies!

My OH allways calls me a granny, cos i sit there infront of the telly doing me knitting with a nice cuppa tea! haha .. wont be saying that when hes stolen the patchwork blanket im making when hes cold! lol

Can't Knit but make most of our own clothes...plus wood carving.....aint done any drawing or painting fer a long while now....most of my recent artwork ( last 20 odd years ..) folk are walking about with ( being a tattooist )

I love drawing.. i dont get much time to do any of it now though but (without sounding bigheaded) My drawings are pretty damn good.. i wanted to become a tattooist myself but had no idea how to go about it so ended up in the pub trade lol. Im still a tattoo virgin myself though, but had quite a few piercings that are no longer in.. i miss them!

Think ill have to give it a bash at making some clothes when i get the sewing machine of beefsteak, never tried woodcarving though - id have no idea where to start!

HAHA this is true :P But seriously, id just look at it with a right blank expression not knowing what to carve or anything.

..Any pics of your woodcrafting creations?

Haha.. i dont think id have the patience.. ill stick to my fabric creations lol

I have always enjoyed movie and video editing.

Also learning to play the organ. Not sure whether that qualifies as arty or not. :happy:

Got lots of video of my crazy Beagle but that is just interesting to me. Hardly You-tube stuff.

never tried woodcarving though - id have no idea where to start!

With some wood

I bought SWMBO a set of wood carving chisels about ten years ago because she wanted to do some small carvings. She now has a pile of seasoned cherry wood from our garden but still the chisels are in their box.

I have a large outbuilding that I use as a workshop. I tackle all sorts of stuff in there but not arty-farty type things. I have an engineering background so I tend to stick to making do and mending rather than spending on new stuff.

I dont often buy new stuff... Because i do a fair bit of knitting, i was given some old whooly jumpers.. i just re-used the whool for blankets :) The rang are good for crafty stuff, i buy my whool from there - £1.40 i think for a big ball of the stuff. I wanted to start cross stitching again, but then i seen the price of the cross stitching sets! 0_0

i do lots of crafty stuff did a design for a stand up Christmas tree and made some baulbells for the christmas Tree ( almost 150) which i took down to our local Schoolo for the kids to take home I also make Birthday cards for my local Charity and they send them out to people on their list

Awh i made some cards before but i was never sure if people would like to recieve a hand made card so i think there in a box floating about somewhere.. The rang, Again, do some good stuff for card making, all the stuff you need for it & they do little stamps with messages on for the inside :) Im tempted to start making them again as i did enjoy it - i know some people who sell them on ebay & give 50% of what they get for them to charity

I dont often buy new stuff... Because i do a fair bit of knitting, i was given some old whooly jumpers.. i just re-used the whool for blankets :) The rang are good for crafty stuff, i buy my whool from there - £1.40 i think for a big ball of the stuff. I wanted to start cross stitching again, but then i seen the price of the cross stitching sets! 0_0

There is a keen Cross-stitcher in a Facebook group to which I belong; I'll wager she can give you some tips on doing it cheaply. Would you like me to add you to the group?

BUGG*R! I've double quoted again - SORRY Mick2Me :o((((((((((((((

• Upvote 1

Ooh, whats the group called? ill search it when i next log into facebook! :)

Pixie,

No worries - I'll sign you up and if you don't like it just delete yourself from the members list. Karen is the group admin and she cross stitches - she will introduce you to her cross stitch gang if you ask. It is a friendly group but not always a busy one. you should get notification that you have been joined in a few minutes - just off to do it now.

Had to go into edit mode - I just realized, you are not on my Facebook friends list so I can't add you to the group. You can either search for "Chatabout" (name of group) or send me a friends request. I go by the name of Paul Simmonite on Facebook. I have just changed my profile pic so you will know me by the blonde hair, glasses, beard and white shirt. the photo was taken many years ago though.

Thatd be great, Would love to find a way of doing cross stitching cheap.. i just havent got the money to waste on a set that costs around £17 .. That you can only dfo one picture with n thats it, done *Shock*

Over the years here I've done tole painting, cross stitch and quilting, but always come back to knitting. I learned as a little kid, my mum knitted all my cardigans, jumpers, boleros [that dates me!] etc so I did the same as a teen, when hand knitted items were cheaper than shop bought ones.

BUGG*R! I've double quoted again - SORRY Mick2Me :o((((((((((((((

You can edit your post for a short time after posting. I think I set it for 15 minutes?

After that time, ask a Moderator or Admin.

I tried the "Edit" but it wouldn't allow me to take out the double quote, only to remove the text.