So.. with only 6 days untill christmas, is anyone listening to their christmas songs?

...I have promised myself that i wil listen to at least two christmas songs every day untill christmas eve.. then on christmas day, theyll be on all morning!!

Anyone got a christmas song that allways puts them in the festive spirit?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Still miss driving home for xmas and listening to this........drove home from all over the UK.....But this year i'm waiting for my sons Flying home for Christmas.....one from Central Africa another fr

One tradition we always observed when I was a child was carol singing. My sister, a couple of her friends and myself, chose a night around a week before Christmas to go round several local roads and s

Being brought up in a north Notts mining village we only had one major Christmas present every second year. It was my brothers turn in the other year. I can only remember one summer holiday at Skeggy,

Just had Boney M on Greg Lake, Elton John (Step into Christmas,) Waitresses, Steeleyespan (Gaurdete) Mike Oldfield (In Dulce Jubilo) Band Aid, and Wizard on , loads more to come , whilst we're writing Christmas cards!!

My favorite christmas song (as im sure its the favorite of alot of people..) Is the pogues - fairy tale of new york.

Me & the OH sang it on kareoke a couple of SUMMERS back in sunny spain, no idea why we sang a christmas song.. after a few drinks, it seemed like a good idea so the song holds afew good memories :)

..Im currently listening to a playlist of them i made on my itunes, whilest doing the housework and entertaining my 15 week old daughter :)

• Upvote 2

I first heard that on Radio 2 a couple days ago , fell in live with it straight away, and I've just played it full blast and had the kids bobbing round the living room

Cheers Pete

Got giggles today when i walked past someones house on the way home from the shops & heard them blasting out 'COME NOW SING WI'ME.. PROPA CRIMBO, SELECTA!!' I forgot all about that song! ... Just been making my 13 week old daughter laugh today whilst telling her all about santy-clause, Now im really feeling festive!! :D

• 3 years later...

Ashley was mentioning Satanic Majesties Request from 1967 some Bump ago,after the track sing this all together there is a 30 second instrumental track,which is a weird clanging musical affair. If you possess a vinyl copy..pop it on your turntable at 33/rpm place stylus on said track and slightly speed up lp with one finger..out of your speakers," we wish you a merry Xmas...." Years ago I bought a fan- club stones single called cosmic Christmas and this was on it!!

Not read the thread, but the Phil Spector Christmas album takes some beating.

As does 'White Christmas' ( Bing version)

Will somebody PURRRLEEAASSEE ban all future playings of that Godawful Slade song? .... Please?...

Pretty please?

Col

My favorite christmas song (as im sure its the favorite of alot of people..) Is the pogues - fairy tale of new york.

Me & the OH sang it on kareoke a couple of SUMMERS back in sunny spain, no idea why we sang a christmas song.. after a few drinks, it seemed like a good idea so the song holds afew good memories smile.png

..Im currently listening to a playlist of them i made on my itunes, whilest doing the housework and entertaining my 15 week old daughter smile.png

Hate it. I'm a nice bloke but I just hate it.

Did I say I hate it?

I Do.

Col

• 2 months later...

I like Fairytale of New York. It has a good memorable tune, parts of it are clever and funny but it also has the undertone of sadness to remind us of those who are on the margins of society for a variety of reasons. Not everyone has a good Christmas.

I also love O Holy Night. Again good music and this one gives me goosebumps.

• Upvote 1
  • 2 years later...
On ‎12‎/‎20‎/‎2011 at 1:00 PM, Pixie said:

Me & the OH sang it on kareoke a couple of SUMMERS back in sunny spain, no idea why we sang a christmas song.. after a few drinks, it seemed like a good idea so the song holds afew good memories :)

..Im currently listening to a playlist of them i made on my itunes, whilest doing the housework and entertaining my 15 week old daughter :)

Best song ever Pixie.

From this post I and the Master would like to Wish all Members and there  Families, and friends a very, very

HAPPY CHRISTMAS &

A PROSPEROUS  NEW YEAR.

oopsss!!  sorry just lost the master OH! he's gone off to sit in the dark room, he's not into Christmas that much.

• Like 3

You're a bit early with your greetings, Mary!    It's another 15 days until Christmas and over 3 weeks until 2019 begins.....

I never realised that this song mentioned the Hooded Claw!   My kids used to watch Penelope Pitstop..

On ‎12‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 4:25 PM, MargieH said:

You're a bit early with your greetings, Mary!    It's another 15 days until Christmas and over 3 weeks until 2019 begins.....

Yes I know MargieH but we are going away for Christmas and New Year. Going to Germany on a river cruise.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1