• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Still miss driving home for xmas and listening to this........drove home from all over the UK.....But this year i'm waiting for my sons Flying home for Christmas.....one from Central Africa another fr

One tradition we always observed when I was a child was carol singing. My sister, a couple of her friends and myself, chose a night around a week before Christmas to go round several local roads and s

Being brought up in a north Notts mining village we only had one major Christmas present every second year. It was my brothers turn in the other year. I can only remember one summer holiday at Skeggy,

• 2 years later...

Now you’ve all got your trees, lights & trimmings up & full of festive love & cheer, what’s your favourite Christmas bangers, the ones that get you up jumping around the front room? Memories of Christmas past? 

When my kids where nippers & decent sound system no one seemed to be getting up Chimbo morning, I cranked this up full wack on repeat, dog barking, misses going mad, me shouting, saucepans, doors, going bonkers, my kids still laugh & tut about it now, Dads gone mad :crazy:

• Like 4

This one never gets any plays but I love it . An up tempo Al Green and Feels Like Christmas.

• Like 1

PhilMayfield, I need your help.. I'm afraid I succumbed to temptation and watched the Ed Sheeran/Elton John video. Is there any hope of redemption and salvation?

We have a singing (indoor) Santa who sings this song every time there’s a loud noise.   The grandchildren love him and just keep clapping loudly to make him sing!

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Still miss driving home for xmas and listening to this........drove home from all over the UK.....But this year i'm waiting for my sons Flying home for Christmas.....one from Central Africa another from South America..one already back from Spain....my eldest will still be in Australia and i'll miss him........a very emotional time coming up........

• Like 5
  • 2 weeks later...

A Nottingham version of the Twelve Days of Christmas

On the twelfth day of Christmas my true love sent to me…

Twelve Mardy Boggers

Eleven Robin Ud hats

Ten pairs of Boowits

Nine Osses Neighing

Eight Maids a Mashin’

Seven Pints of Shippos

Six Guzzgogs

Five Nobby Greens

Four Sausage Cobs

Three Snap Tins

Two Ralleh Bikes

And some Mint Sauce wi’ Mushy Peez

• Like 2

Now that it is Christmas Day down-under I'd like to wish you all a Happy and safe festive season with those you hold dear and share this classic Aussie version of Jingle Bells.

https://youtu.be/OnJ8jsw4BSo

Bugga, the link thingy is not working

• 9 months later...

All I want for Christmas are my two front teeth    MAX

On 10/18/2022 at 5:15 PM, Beekay said:

If you want to listen to whistling, then have an earful of Roger Whittaker 's "Mexican Whistler".

No need for Roger if you got tinnitus  !