Lancaster PM-M City of Lincoln

Re the Peter Jackson film. I saw a while back that they were looking to recruit lots of special effects experts for this remake. Unlike for the original where they had real pilots flying real planes, and a budget of about 3/6 for the special effects. (Not that I'm decrying what was the best they could do with the technology available)

And that Gibson's dog would be renamed to Nidge.

I've heard Digger, how to alter history in the name of the 'Niceties Police', what do you think, ever seen 'Django Unchained' by Tarantino, count the number of times that the word 'Nigger' is used racially and evilly in that, does it make sense to allow that and not in an historical context re the Dambusters, it doesn't to me, but there you go, that's Hollywood for you.

We digress, Plantfitt will be after us on his funny bike.

• Upvote 1
  • Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You can't alter the names of what has been alive and is no longer with us. The dog's name was Nigger and nothing can change that.

I have attached this picture of City of Lincoln in another guise that being Mickey the Moocher another 617 sqn aircraft, the reason for this post apart from more nose art is last Friday myself and a m

All those little details that members of the public wouldn't understand. I often pass through parts of Lincolnshire where those bombers operated from. I try to imagine what it was like living around

You can't alter the names of what has been alive and is no longer with us. The dog's name was Nigger and nothing can change that.

No longer, history has been changed, that's it, end of story, Jackson and Fry have a lot to answer for. I wouldn't be surprised if they changed the name on the dog's grave at Scampton, how do they get round that, probably make a new one.

download.jpg

P9081912.jpg

Sad isn't it, as a dog lover and history enthusiast, I think it's disgusting.

Perhaps when Jackson and Fry come over to Scampton for 'Authentic Film Shots' the RAF should tell them to eff off unless they accept history as it was, it's an insult to the Lancaster crews that took part in the mission, I'd love to see success sign 'Nigger, Nigger, Nigger' painted in big letters down the side of the BBMF Lancaster for all to see, perhaps they should have got Tarantino to make the film, the ethnic complicity rules clearly don't apply to him.

• Upvote 1

I agree with you there Pete, I was over at Scampton a few moths back and got the some pictures more or less where you took yours from and it certainly does say NIGGER on the little grave stone

Rog