Nottstalgia Member Map - Are you on it?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

being the nearest one to you on the members map I thought that I would like you to know that I have returned to the site today after 9 years away. Last entry 2007. Now must learn all over again. Born

Is that me you're talking about? I just went on the map and it showed me in Miami !! I will be there next week but I'm definitely in Nottingham at the mo!

I think I will go into the travel agent business, where do you want to go next?

• 2 weeks later...

When you zoom in they'r on a boat SW of Miami Beach?

Is that me you're talking about? I just went on the map and it showed me in Miami !! I will be there next week but I'm definitely in Nottingham at the mo!

• Upvote 1

Um - er, this puts a new complexion on this map business. Are you saying that the map is continuously tracking us by GP so that we automatically show up in the right place - except when it's got a bit in front of itself of course as in Lizzie's case? Have a care - Big Brother Mick is watching you - 1984 will soon be here!

I really don't know what I did to show me in Miami! Maybe at some point I looked to see if any members lived there. In the meantime I'll pretend I am sunning it and will put mesen back in Nottingham when I get back here!

• Upvote 1

What is the colour code on the map?,I am blue with a little house, Derek (dgbrit) is all green,does that mean he lives in a field?. Others are pink.

On my map you are red and I am blue :glare:

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Nice to see lots of members putting themselves on the map.

Interesting to see where everyone is across the world.

• 7 months later...

Another reminder to new members to put yourselves on the map, although you may be surprised to find you live next door to a member you have been conversing with here.

• 1 month later...

'Ow does this 'ere map thing work then? I used to be on when we were in Devon, but I can't make it recognise Sandiacre (or anywhere else for that matter). After considering for a while, it just says "There was a Google Maps error. There was an unspecified problem locating the address..." So I'm not on - and I can't get on. Do I have to produce anti-money-laundering documents before it will accept me or what? !!

I have the same problem. When I first joined this site I noticed that I could put myself on the map. I thought excellent idea, so for many weeks I kept trying and all I got was "unable to locate your address". So I gave up.

I don't mind putting myself on the map, I live in Taiwan, but I will draw the line at putting my full address on it. I don't want every Tom, Dick and harry knocking on my door uninvited. But Tabatha, Doris and Harriet will be welcome. Maybe the map thinks I am Chinese so it is politely telling me to p*** off.

Seriously, I have tried every way I can think of to put my location on the map.

I think it's broken.

I was on it - having put myself there a couple of years ago - so I deleted my marker and then tried to put it back again. Doesn't work. So I am now no longer on it, even though I was until a few minutes ago.