According to a google search he is an anthropomorphic dog - basically a walking upright, talking dog.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It was a magical shop to a young me as I loved all sports and still do.  My Dad took me in the shop frequently, mostly just to look around but I did get a hockey stick, hockey boots and running spikes

1 hour ago, IAN123. said:

...That Radio Trent building was a former Womens Hospital.66897-1-280-99999-unpad.jpg

Go on Ian, what's that mota in front of the 'moggy '?

• Like 1

Did the same with my Citroen ID19, when a mid section snapped near Cullompton when towing the caravan back from Cornwall. 

Retreived a beer can from the lay by. Remove top and bottom with a penknife, two jubilee clips and hey presto. It lasted months.

13 minutes ago, IAN123. said:

apparently the metal components inside are highly valuable..

Just as well, cos the bits outside aint!

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Love the leg pulling Jill..........reckon its good medicine to laugh at yourself.........keep it up Lass........cos' ''You make me feel brand new''......carni   !!!

• Like 3

Regarding cat converters, I was looking at a video of a guy processing them to recover the platinum and palladium metals, he had bought a load off Ebay. After three days he'd processed about 20, used highly toxic chemicals, risked getting poisoned by Chlorine gas, risked a life threatening condition that platinum salts will cause on contact with bare skin or inhalation of the gases and recovered about $250 worth of palladium and platinum and had about 20 gallons of highly toxic waste, of which he never said what he did with.

When you think about it, was it really worth it??

• 1 month later...

True or Untrue ?

some were in back of my mind it seem's  that some  one told me 

"Hitchcocks" wife lived on Long Hill Rise in Hucknall Notts

Not sure if it's right ?

maybe some member will have the answer

Alma Lucy Reville , Hitchcock's wife , was born August 1899 at 96 Caroline Street to Edward and Lucy Reville(nee Owen).

Family appear to have moved to London not long after , as on the

1901 Census they were living in Lewisham .

Alma had an elder sister Eveline there too . ( Family transcribed as "Rivelle").

Edward born 1864 was described as a Lace Warehouseman.

1911 Census the family were at 10 Avenue Gardens , Isleworth .

Edward was then a lace salesman .

Until the 1921 Census comes out it may be difficult to find if the family moved back to Nottingham before Alma married Hitchcock in 1926.

I looked in the Civil Registration Marriage Index 1916-2005 on Ancestry .com to see what I could find.  If I am correct in my findings, it looks as if Alma either lived in London in 1926 or travelled there perhaps to have a Celebrity wedding.

Alfred J Hitchcock

Alma A Reville

Reg date O/N/D 1926

Reg District Kensington.

Inferred County London

• Like 1

Carni , Alma was already working in films when she met Hitchcock .

Not sure how she started in the industry but she was some sort of screen writer or plot planner before she met him .

I somehow think she would have had to have been living in London to work with the film studios .

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/20/2019 at 8:19 AM, radfordred said:

Watched Guy Martin: World’s Fastest Tractor over the weekend, I never realised that the name tractor was taken from traction which is what tractors need to plough through fields :crazy: come on who knew that? Eh?  

I did!  Traction also means 'pulling something over a surface'

5 hours ago, radfordred said:

I have just clicked on that 60s singer Sandie Shaw may have taken her name from a sandy beach :crazy: 

Come on be honest am I the only one to have only just spotted this :huh: 

I once did a children's talk in church a long time ago about  Jonah not being a 'Puppet on a string '  because he had a choice about doing what God wanted, also that the big fish vomited him up onto a 'sandy shore'.

Next joke... "How did Jonah get to Nineveh?"  

Answer: by whaleway (not strictly accurate as it was a big fish, not a whale, but it made people laugh anyway!)