Just wondering if anybody knew of any picture or if its still possible to see the interior of what was The Elite on Parliament Street. My grandparents had there wedding reception there in 1955 in what was the ballroom, would love to see a picture of it.

Here it is in 1957

hi Jimmy, see this

http://nottstalgia.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=8915&hl=&fromsearch=1

it started out about The express buildings next door but read thru it and i think you will find it quite interesting

my parents had their wedding reception there in Feb 1947. Part of it is now Gatecrasher night club and Soulville steak bar. These are the bits that look out onto Queen street, not sure what the parliament street bit is used for now. Went to Soulville not long ago and the ceiling of the original Elite is still visible

I visited the Elite cinema quite often during the 1960s when my auntie served on the confectionary counter (she also sold ices during intermission) happy days!

If you search for gatecrasher nottingham, there are some good photos of the interior now, and a lot of the original features have been kept (amongst the neon)

• 5 years later...