• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The Wells Road.  What's left of the  northern side of the Suburban Railway bridge, next to where the Gardeners Pub used to be.   https://maps.app.goo.gl/VqLHpvstQgzoBuVS7

Entrance to the old Alms houses on London road.

Certainly is @philmayfield but now owned by Nottingham Trent University & will be used for degree ceremonies & music.   What is this? What was this? Bonus points if you nam

Part of

Robin Hood Chase St Ann's

Similar view before the bushes were cut down to allow the Artist(s) room to paint.

Note the shadow of the Google pedestrian camera, roll the image up and it shows a view down onto the camera person.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@52.9379642,-1.1555005,3a,90y,65.28h,63.78t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sAF1QipNXOi-_O_YNgSemECoOpDT1ZWdML4R48hisjnIB!2e10!7i5376!8i2688

It was too easy for you all. As kids we used to climb across that arch, one side to the other. I can actually remember that rest garden being landscaped and we used to play in the church before it was demolished. The other side of the rest garden was derelict for years. Used to play war games and cowboys in the overgrown graveyard. To this day I still have a large scar on my right leg where I caught it on a broken slate headstone. It never occurred to us kids that there were coffins underneath us. (Between Ronald St. and Baldwin St.)

Bottom of Market st  Where the Queen Victoria statue used to be and the pub behind it was "YATES"   now the silly name slug n lettce. 

Just looked again it could be top of Canning Circus 

You've cracked it Mary, I'm no good at this, I'll use some Brighton pictures instead.

(I reckon the photograph was taken from upstairs of what was Boots chemist, circa 1960s).

• Like 1

Canal towpath near Low level station.

Gas pipes, that run down the towpath under the rail bridge up to the road bridge at Eastcroft and across the canal to London road and exactly to where ,, don't know.

Probably from when Eastcroft gas works site was there and the North sea pipeline was joined into the network at that point.

I spotted the pipes on Google the other week when looking at the bridge and towpath crossover, there are markers along the towpath showing the pipeline location.