Ain't that the same pub that had a permanent parking space for an ambulance on a Saturday night ??

Denbo Travers, Fuzz Whitby, Miller Newman, Jimmy Commander, Reynolds Brothers, Wynne Brothers, The Pritchetts, The Wilko's............. all God fearing men who frequented the 'Hat' at various times, & were part of the Saturday cabaret on a few occassions

vampire2bowdown

Sue must be a relative, quite an unusual name, Jimmy C' was a regular in the Beacon as well........................again a great place for Sturday night 'Cabaret', started in the carpark then spread across Aspley Lane, I can recall Jimmy Commander whacked around the side of the head with a wheel brace/starting handle (in the late 60's), he just shook his head and carried on fighting...............................

Ain't that the same pub that had a permanent parking space for an ambulance on a Saturday night ??

I remember my brother telling me how he found someone's ear one morning and brought it home in a box to show my horrified parents! Police were informed who tried to unite the appendage with it's owner, who had obviously had a difference of opinion with someone.
  • Upvote 1

probably quite easily identifiable in those days too, not many people wandering around Broxtowe minus one lughole!................ !situp!

The Cocked Hat is now just a hole in the ground!

The police are looking into it.

Call me a cab

I'll leave in a huff... on second thoughts I'll leave in a minute and a huff!

You're sounding more like Groucho by the post................

I don’t care to belong to a club that accepts people like me as members.

No sure........................but I've been here 3 years now, & got nowhere else to go..............................

But remember this, outside of a dog, a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog, it’s too dark to read.