Valley Road railway bridge

The house in the middle is where I bought a chicken shed from years ago!

• 2 months later...

Hello all :)

I grew up living on Heatherley Drive and spent countless hours playing on the embankment (at the bottom of our garden) or just 'the bank' as it was known to us local young un's, during the 70's/early 80's.

Played on the track, in the signal box (with all switching gear still there) and climbed the sandstone cliffs towards Perry road. It figures hugely in my childhood memories.

Thank you all for your great pictures and memories.

• Upvote 1

Glad you found something of interest from your childhood Basford Lad. I bet you wished you were twenty years older so that you could have seen the steam trains. 

• Upvote 1
13 minutes ago, FLY2 said:

Glad you found something of interest from your childhood Basford Lad. I bet you wished you were twenty years older so that you could have seen the steam trains. 

I certainly do! Just posted about a family story/memory of the steam trains actually in the Railway photos forum. As a child it seemed there was everything on top of the bank for a railway but the trains! 

Very sad day when they dug it up. The neighbor that moved into the new house at the bottom of our garden after all the digging and building completed was rather unpleasant.

• 1 year later...

Wonder which stretch of road that would be. As I’ve said before, the City Highways planners had tremendous foresight building the boulevards so wide, there’s been very little widening/Junction improvement necessary in the past 80 years.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1
16 hours ago, LizzieM said:

Wonder which stretch of road that would be. As I’ve said before, the City Highways planners had tremendous foresight building the boulevards so wide, there’s been very little widening/Junction improvement necessary in the past 80 years.

Could it be the junction with Hucknall Road?