Ruddy dangerous those trams...

One Talbot motor car after an accident with a tram 1904...wonder how much that cost him?

I wonder how much Podders would pay for that write off?

Junction of Redhill road/Mansfield road.

5b774961.jpg

I had some pillars with fancy tops out of that church when they demolished it.Took moulds off 'em and sold glassfibre copies to builders....lovely jubbly..

Have there been any accidents with our trams?

A drunken guy was dragged up the road by a tram & died a few years back near the uni. Someone else was apparently clipped by a full speed tram as well, not sure how true that is though.

One Talbot motor car after an accident with a tram 1904...wonder how much that cost him?

I wonder how much Podders would pay for that write off?

Junction of Redhill road/Mansfield road.

5b774961.jpg

I had some pillars with fancy tops out of that church when they demolished it.Took moulds off 'em and sold glassfibre copies to builders....lovely jubbly..

Interesting pic.

Trams never ran near the junction of Mansfield Road and Redhill Road though. That is certainly not that junction.

Are they meant to be slapping a tram line down in netherfield in a few years? I think their ripping up the disused train lines today, its all iv heard since this morning.. Just been told their replacing it with a tram line, but to where? .. the old gedling collery?

Using the route of the old line in Gedling and Mapperley has been talked about for years because half of the work has already been done - over 100 years ago!

The next phase of the trams will be the two lines to Clifton and Beeston which are scheduled to be completed in 2014. http://www.tramlinkn...uk/net-phase-2/

Maybe Netherfield is next on the list after that

5b774961.jpg

Not a Talbot Poohbear, it is a Sunbeam 10hp or 12hp 1903/1904. The horizontal radiator tubes are distinctive.

Value, today you would not get change from £200,000 to £300,000 for a good example.

Sunbeam.jpg

Yep, Sumbeam was part of Rootes, eventually Chrysler. However I would like to point out a typo in the title of this thread - surely it should be "Ruddy dangerous them trams..."!

Yep, Sumbeam was part of Rootes, eventually Chrysler. However I would like to point out a typo in the title of this thread - surely it should be "Ruddy dangerous them trams..."!

Not to mention your Sumbeam....glasshouses mate,glasshouses.

• 2 weeks later...

So by looking at the map, they are either going to demolish or convert the toll bridge over into west bridgeford/ wilford.

Widen the main spans - the existing bridge between the brick approaches( which replaced the original girder road bridge) was always intended to be widened albeit originally with the idea of reopening it to road traffic.

• 3 years later...
  • 2 years later...

Thought it worth bumping this old thread in light of recent "tram posts" ,worth reading through to see the opinions then and compare them to opinions now,does the council not listen to the public who pay their wages?

Rog

• Like 1
On 22/01/2012 at 9:16 PM, mick2me said:

Have there been any accidents with our trams?

6yrs down the line, (no pun Intended) would you ask that same question? Or do you know the answer?

I am not a fan of the trams by any means but in all fairness they are big enough to see, just treat tem as another vehicle on the road. As with most road traffic, if you argue with it you will come second.