Nottingham physic churches

Im quite a believer in spiritualism.. Although i wont mock of argue with any one who isnt a believer, each to their own. Iv been to a few physic churches in and around nottingham, Just wondering is theres anyone on the forum whos a believer in it all & goes to any or has done in the past too :)

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Like Stu, I have followed this thread since its inception. Lurking in the shadows as it were. I post now with some trepidation as I have seen too many discussions of spirituality plunge into accusa

Be very careful Pixie. There are many unscrupulous people out there who have learnt the trade of picking up bits of information from what you say and feeding you with it so that you give away more st

Pixie, when I was a young I had dreams in my head and heart and I set out to achieve them; now that I'm a pensioner, I'm still the same. Don't think of yourself dying whilst living. Whilst living,

I used to go to an awareness group where we could develope our abilites i meditate quite a lot and do dowsing

i am a beliver and have had many encounters with the paranormal living in a haunted house

The house i live in is 112yrs old and has 6 spirit people i wont call them ghosts 3 adults and 3 children one of the adult spirits lived here in 1933 and its her i feel the most she strokes the back of my head sometimes and she is a lovely soul her name is Nelly, the other adult is George who used to have a busniess here before the house was built i always smell smoke when he is around he usually brings his son to visit as well the spirit children, one of them is a little girl she likes to take things usually my Daughters jewellery then i have to ask her to bring it back and one ended up in my handbag, the other two are boys i dont sense them as much but i always know when they are around the door at the bottom of the stairs will close on its own lightbulbs have exploded and sometimes i feel a breeze go right past me also i have heard noises like coughing and whistling and once i heard a childs voice shout Nelly they are all gentle souls and i am not frightened by them at all. I have seen orbs around and bright lights and about two nights ago i saw two little bright lights just above my knee then my knees went icy cold so i guess it was the little girl sitting with me in the chair . This is all normal to me so it dosent bother me at all i quite like them being around

How do you know, sometimes they can appear as solid as a living person, i remember on a holiday to cambridge a few years ago i took a snap of an old street which was quite empty of people at the time this was taken on a panasonic camera the sort where you had to take the film in to be developed and when the snaps came back the figure of a woman all in black was standing at the edge of the pavement. I have also heard someone walk up my stairs and when i have gone up to look no one has been there this has happened when i have been in the house on my own. We have a music box on the shelf which was a gift from my friend in the states and it hasnt been wound up for well over a year and suddenly it started playing it was an Elvis song and at the same time a picture of Elvis fell off the wall as i said its all normal to me and if they werent around it would feel strange

I could listen to stories about the spirit world all day and not get bored, My mum saw a spirit during the war, my brother sees them in his house and at work all the time, even my son sees things, but I don't. I don't know if I would like to see them, I'm quite happy as I am.

My grandmother was a spiritualist medium for over forty years. she is said to have been able to use an item belonging to a person and say some accurate things about that person and their life. she had a spirit guide who was a little girl (can't remember the name) and said that it was her spirit guide who told her what to say.

My father was a Catholic so when I was small he kept me away from my grandma unless I was chaperoned. Before she died she told me that I had "The Gift" but couldn't see how to use it; "It's you" she said "but you can't see it". Oddly, I have in the past foreseen things that later came to pass and occasionally seem able to accurately judge people without having met them before. Probably all just coincidence though.

An old workmate of mine became interesting in the psychic after his father died. He started going to the spiritualist church on Derby Road, where he later became a lay preacher and eventually a senior member of the church. He cannot get to church often these days due to old age but still talks about his experiences there.

Did a seance one evening when I lived in Annesley back in 1969. After spelling out "Wilford Wilson, hanged for the murder of my wife and children in 1869 at Derby" the glass flew across the room and smashed against a wall. Scared the sh1t out of me at the time. There were just three of us at the table; myself, wife and lady from next door.

At another seance in Norfolk the glass spelt out the usual stuff and I asked "Can you make the dog bark?" "Yes." it said and the dog, who was asleep in front of the fire suddenly barked and growled. Odd innit?! :crazy:

I live in an old station House where three children died in the late 1800s. I've been here for 17yrs now but never felt any presence so far. The one single odd thing happened one evening shortly after we moved in. I was sitting on the settee and I felt something brush against my back. I sat up and Julie asked what was up. "I just felt something brush past me" I said. "It was a black and white cat" she said "I just watched it walk along the top of the settee." the following year I decided to get Julie a cat from the SSPCA for a birthday present since her old cat had recently died. I went to the centre and a cat was just taking its exercise. when it saw me it came up to me and rubbed against my leg. "Could I take that one" I asked "Be delighted" said the keeper, "It's been here for ages and no-one wants it". When I took Julie to collect the cat she stopped and stared "That's the cat I saw on the settee" she said. He settled in as though he had always lived there and was loyal until his death of old age. He's now buried under a tree in the garden. Odd or what?!

Sorry should've read Spondon (mind wandering). I tried to check it many years ago but drew a blank. These days there is better public access via websites, so it would be interesting to see if Wilford Wilson existed.

I'm a non believer or at leist have never seen anything. However my daughter and her partner live in a small village in south leistershire and about a year ago something stange occured which I find difficult to explain away. her partner is one of the lads frightened by nothing and likes a pint, He had got into the habbit of calling into the local on his way home from work just a couple mind! and returning home via an old bridle path that runs high up in the village across a couple of meadows. He had almost completed his journey and could see my daughter outside the house when all at once he was startled by a young girl with curly hair stading in the hedgerow and looking out over the village, he was frightened and ran!. asking around he has not been the only one to see the same girl and also a dog that when approached isn't there. anyone other than him I would have said "pink elephants".

Zoonie's ghosts.

In my final year at secondary school a lad in our class nicknamed 'Zoonie' after the Fireball XL5 creature came in one morning and told us of two ghosts he had seen the night before. We ribbed him but a few days later he told of another sighting. He saw the apparitions in Colwick Woods a way down past the spring. A group of us went up one clear night to check it out and sure enough saw nothing. However, undeterred we went back one slightly misty night and watched as two hunched figures flitted silently from left to right across the clearing in the wood. We were all startled to say the least but vowed to get to the bottom of this apparition. After a period of sitting quietly we saw it again. At the same time we saw car lights rounding a bend in a road across the other side of the Trent beyond the level crossing at the exit to the woods. The lights were reflecting in the mist and rounding the bend gave the impression of glowing figures crossing the wood as it did so. We laughed 'til we stooped when we made the discovery!

Had a visit from our little spirit girl last nite, even tho the heating was on and the room was warm my legs and knees were icy cold the rest of me was warm even to the extent of me wanting to take my cardi off, it only lasted for about 10mins. I do a lot of dowsing if i need answers this should only be used for good and you should never ask for money, its ok to ask it if your finances will improve in the future it takes time to get the hang of dowsing and to work out the meaning of things. I know this may sound strange to some of you but have any of you met your spirit guide? 2 years ago i had a phychic reading and the medium told me my spirit guide was an arab and he was showing her a spinx, now 2 days before i had this reading i was in town shopping when i saw a man dressed in arab clothes it was a raw cold day and he had no coat, also no-one was taking any notice of him, any way 2 hours later i saw him again on the same street in exactly the same place when i asked her about it she said it was my spirit guide and i was the only one to see him this stopped me in my tracks somewhat its as if he wanted me to know he was looking after me, and i know he is, i am quite a good judge of character and can pick up on peoples feelings quite well

Oxton Hall ghosts? Now then, I can't remember the name of the hall in the centre of Oxton Village but it was derelict when I was a youngster and owned by retired Admiral Sherbrooke. One of our schoolmates who lived in Oxton had heard stories of ghosts at the old hall and we decided to investigate. I was elected to approach the old Admiral for consent to spend a night in the buildings (circa 1966) and to my surprise and delight he agreed! I had expected to be chased off the premises but he was a friendly sort of fellow. Alas, Not one of us could get our own parents consent to go so that put an end to that little escapade

thumbsdown

I live in an old terrace house, built in the 1800s in netherfield. This house has had a strange past, all i know is there used to be some horrible pieces of work living here before the last tenant, The layout of the house is different to how it was built.. the bathroom was once a bedroom & comes off my daughters room.

a member of my family is a medium, they do tarot & someone mentioned using an item belonging to a person to give them an acurite reading.. they do that to & sometimes you could just be sat in their living room & theyd come out with all this stuff. it can be frightening for who its said to.. more so for the person themselves. Iv been told i have the 'gift' but its weather i block it out or not... Mine are usually in dream form. iv had a few strange ones that have come true.. at first my partner used to laugh at me when i warned him of a dream but wasnt laughing when it happend.. I get little thoughts and feelings about things to.. Ill give you an example.

When i was pregnant, i had this horrible feeling i was going to die during the birth, i couldnt shake it, scared me every night before bed.. I had a dream where a old women met me in my bedroom, we walked through my door & we was in the hospital, She shown me the time on the clock, who was there, even my unborn child... Then i was shown my ward, the coridoor to it & the receptopn desk. I wrote this down that morning, had told my partner n mum abou tit.. poped the note in my hospital bag, When i gave birth i looked at it.. The doors were the exact same in my dream, the reception desk, my ward had a window next to my bed.. like in my dream, it was like i was actually walked around the hospital.. The time i was shown, thats the exact time my daughter was born & she was the spitting image of that i was shown in my dream.. Spooky eh!!

& The feeling i was going to die? I had a very complicated birth, i lost over 2 litres of blood & the plecenter arrupted.. My daughter stopped breathing cos the cord was so tight around her neck, after it all, a nurse had told me to feel lucky & thank whoever it was who was looking down on me that day, i kept passing out because of the blood loss.. Horrlble. I call my daughter the mirical baby, I got swine flu during early pregnancy n took all the medicen under the sun.. I got drunk one weekend .. all before i knew i was pregnant. Shes perfectly fine & shes my angel... Wow, soppy!

Back to my house.. I have a boy, the day i went into labour, i was walking through my daughters bedroom to go to the bathroom.. I seen this lad stood in the middle of the bathroom looking rtight at me! I cr*pped myself! That night i went into labour, so maybe he was warning me? My partners seen the boy too... We have a cat we see every now n then, just walk past. Every now n then something tpuches me, pokes me, last night something grabed my leg under my knee.. The night before, i felt a cold hand press against my back. Things go missing & turn up in some odd places, we allways blame the 'boy' we named him oliver, because he looked like oliver twist! & sometimes you just get that 'feeling; someones there.. as i write this, it feels like someones reading it over my shoulder!

i dont get things like a strong physic gets, but i just get gut feelings of good & bad things, but icant tell anyone exacly what. I can judge someone just by looking at them, iv told people what people where like before i even knew them & so far, i havent been wrong!

I guess spooky happenings in the house & messages you get from physics are a comfort, a comfort there IS something after we leave our bodies.

might have to! whens the next meet? & whos Kat...?

• 3 weeks later...

Had someone come & give me a reading today. Was really good... She told me about who else is in the house that arent in no way attached to me.. that their attached to the house. I think i mentioned before that iv seen a boy in here, she confirmed this, i didnt tell her about him untill she told me first n when she descrived him.. it was exactly what i had seen, He was ill & taken to hospital but unfortunately had died, by the time he came back as a spirit to be with his family again, they had gone. Now hes within the house looking for them, but is happy here because he loves my daughter & cats, he winds them up.. so that explains why they chase something we cant see! & feels accepted because i gave him the name 'oliver' .. Another spirit i have in the house apparently is an evil man, she couldnt tell me what he looked like as apparently hes jet black, you cant even see his face through the blackness.. He was evil & controlling, he liked things done HIS way & feeds off my emotions, i can never be just fed up without sometimes feeling extremely angry, i was told this is because HE is making me feel so angry, because he liked things done his way, if someone did it differently hed flip & get violent.. this is why for example, if my partner does housework & its nothing how i do it or somethings done wrong, i can never just say.. Oh youv done this wrong, never mind. I get extremely angry and just want to hurt him - i was even told that i was never like this, i had a long temper.. my feelings, anger & wanting to just hurt the person whos done something wrong is how HE used to get towards his family when he was alive, these are HIS feelings im feeling, he hated children & his partner/wife had to do things PROPERLY. Hes thrown things at us, i never expected to have an evil spirit within my home. But it explains alot, it explains why i get so angry, it explains when im sat in a room with my daughter playing or watching tv.. or in the kitchen even that sometimes i just want to run out that room and shut the door behind me. My grandmother was stood in the room while i was having my reading done too, but iv been told by someone else shes allways in my house to 'protect me' this guy could be worse if she wasnt around. When the lady had left, i went upstairs to get something from the bedroom, a can of hairspray and a large candle i have on my dresser flew off, the can hit me on my hip and the candle landed on the floor aside of me, around 4-5 foot away from the dresser. Iv had a horrible atmosphier since so im not sure if its because hes been picked up on n spoken about & not liked it but ill be having a clearing soon to get rid of him with any luck! Just wanted to update everyone on my 'friends' lol

...anyone else had any spooky happenings of late?

i wonder what type of spam a spirit would send if they had the chance...?