I arrived at the ground at around 12.30 and was shown to the 1862 suite, once in there I was shown to my table by a very polite young man. It was very well laid out and I was exceptionally surprised to find "Castle Rock Brewery" have made a ' special brew' in honour of Notts' celebrations , it's called "Pie Eyed 150" and tastes rather nice too !! (Hic)

A lunch of Pie Chips and Mushy Peas was washed down with a FREE pint of the finest foaming 'Pie Eyed', followed by a choice of Cheese Cake and Gateaux. Shortly after some of the players were paraded out for pictures and autographs, god I felt old , they all looked like kids to me !!!

We were then shown to our seats and I managed a few photos before I was told I needed a permit !! I told the felow that I wasn't going to take any of the match and they were going on this website only and he was happy with that (Bless him) and allowed me to continue.

The first half got under way and I was very pleased with Notts attacking style, plenty of through balls being provided by the Man of the Match , Jeff Hughes, their finishing left a lot to be desired though !! We were ver unfortunate to go a goal down through "The corner that never was " !! but all in all they showed great promise

Half time and it was back into the 1862 suite for another pint of Pie Eyed, a quick discussion on what myself and the others on my table thought of Notts' play and we were all in agreement (Even the two Florist fans who were with us) that Notts were certainly unlucky to be 1-0 down.

Out for the second half and Notts battled away, Lee Hughes constantly getting through the defence only to see two good shots saved. We finally got the goal we deserved after we had a bit of luck in a penalty decision, Jeff Hughes banging it in with no mistake.

Afterwards we were shown into the Wheeler Suite for the MOM presentations , Jeff hughes being a very amiable chap , signing autographs left right and centre and having his picture took a few hundred times to boot !

Rest of the event

The rather nice chap who I spoke to on arrival came over to ask if I'd enjoyed it all and of course I replied in the positive, I said it was nice to see a couple of the old players (Even a former manager) in the Wheeler suite and he informed me that Brian Stubbs was there too. Wow one of my boy hood heroes !! this nice chap didn't wait he went over to "Stubbsie" and asked him if he could come and have a word with me. Well he did it straight away, fantastic bloke , introduced me to his grandkids !! (Made me feel old ...LOL) I even gave him Nottstalgias address and he did say he'd look in if he got a chance to get on his computer .

Later that night I went out with my mate Alan for a bite to eat down the "Ferry Boat" at Stoke Bardolph, a nice mixed grill each , a couple of pints too all for 14 quid , courtesy of his cousin giving us a discount voucher !!

All in all a great day out , shame we didn't win, but on that performance I don't for one second have any doubts about their abilities in the future.

Table settings

6743166799_ed6c8a8315_b.jpg

Pie Eyed

T6743171955_e21a4275b0_b.jpg

6743193243_97733546e2_b.jpg

6743198377_d07ea2775a_b.jpg

6743220659_31b7715e4f_b.jpg

Whats that about ?

6743201917_91d24650bb_b.jpg

You know that bit about not taking pictures during the mach ? Well I lied !!!

6743176003_be501682aa_b.jpg

6743174053_dc53b82320_b.jpg

6743183433_29cac4a94c_b.jpg

Hero to many of my generation , Mr Brian Stubbs

6743188287_daf7a828d6_b.jpg

From a little later era , Paul Harding wasn't one to be messed with, how the hell Gazza stayed alive after blacking his eye with that elbow in the FA cup quarter final of '91is beyond me