• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Trivia time, we all know that a maverick is an unbranded cow or bull in Texas. They were named after the cattle of the Maverick family whose cattle were allowed to roam free (as were many others) duri

I know that feeling well. Debbie Harry is 67 in a few weeks time !! She helped many a youth of my age group through puberty ......

Roy Rogers. Michael Booth...Cisco Kid was the first show I saw on that danged, ornery newfangled TV.

I can remember the cowboy who used to come in the Cocked Hat, not sure if its the same one but he used to get on stage in the back room and sing.

You seem about the same age as me, how often did you frequent the Cocked Hat, did you live on the estate?

Checked Google and no, it's not the actor I mean; obviously the western series wasn't called 'Lawman'.

Only one I can find is "The gunslinger" Tony Young played a character named Cord very popular with the ladies but I can't remember it ever being screened in the UK

Can anyone remember the guy who used to knock around town.

was the spitting image of Clint Eastwood?

Anyone know who he was?

Rowdy Yates????????????????

Anyone remember Davy Crocket hats? I believe a Davy Crocket film was all the rage. The hats were formed of a tan brown suede top, trimmed with a thick band of fur and with a long piece of the same fur dangling down the back.

And the Davy Crocket song:

'Davy, Davy Crocket, king of the wild frontier.

Born on a mountain top in Tennessee . . . .

The guy dressed as a cowboy in the Cocked Hat is/was called Des, don't know his surname though, I remember one night some skinheads came in and roughed the poor guy up a bit and stole his beloved six shooters

Rog.

• 2 months later...

Brett Maverick (James Garner),

Bart Maverick (Jack Kelly),

Beau Maverick (Roger Moore) and

Brent Maverick (Robert Colbert).

Check the website http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0050037/trivia for some interesting facts about the series, law suits and anecdotes.

Trivia time, we all know that a maverick is an unbranded cow or bull in Texas. They were named after the cattle of the Maverick family whose cattle were allowed to roam free (as were many others) during the War between the States while the menfolk fought for Southern Independence.

One of the human Mavericks was a famous soldier in the 8th Texas Cavalry. He carried out many acts of daring, and should have been killed many times over. As it was he lived to a ripe old age, albeit under the rule of Washington.

• Upvote 1
  • 1 month later...

Our newspaper always lists the birthdays of the day, and not long ago, John Kerr of South Pacific fame was 80. Nooooooh. Can't be so, he was a young heart throb the last time I saw him!

I know that feeling well. Debbie Harry is 67 in a few weeks time !! She helped many a youth of my age group through puberty ...... thumbsup

• Upvote 1

I remember Bruce Forsyth 'Sunday night at the London Palladium' came out with a long 'ditty',which had all the TV westerns in it,I can only remember a small part.

No doubt you guys will come up with the complete 'ditty'.

Bronco Laine had a pain

So they sent for Wagon train,the rest is 'Lost in Space'. :unsure: