Those of you who have wondered what happened to cause the great financial crash ten years ago, it's all here in this spoof scene adapted from It's A Wonderful Life.

• Like 1
  • 11 months later...
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This means someone is in distress.

Lets think about the remake of the 'Dambusters' by Peter Jackson and Stephen Fry, when they get round to seriously making it. The dogs name has already been changed in order to not offend anybody, for

ALAN SILLITOE, World Renowned Nottingham Writer of 'Saturday Night and Sunday Morning' - the book spawning the film of the same name A few years back I went to hear Alan give a talk on his life's wor

Sorry, Ian, I've not seen that film. I'm not very filmic(?) as, going right back to my childhood, the cinema would give me blinding headaches which put me off going.

This was all something to do with the frequency of the flickering of the film conflicting with my brain - in a similar way to flashing lights affecting epileptics - although I must emphasise  I am not epileptic, just adversely affected by certain frequencies.

A small point is that I'm not affected by TV or films on TV as the 'flicker rate' is very much different from the cinema. I realise that cinemas tend not to use the old film and projector systems now but, I'd rather not take the risk.

I did go to the cinema very occasionally but it had to be something special and I dosed up on the aspirin and codeine beforehand.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Been watching recordings  tonight of Father Brown. The amateur detective Catholic Priest. It's set in the Cotswolds, but the ambulance they use has Nottinghamshire County Ambulance Service emblazoned on the side ..... No wonder they're scarce here !

• Like 1
  • 3 months later...

Treason !

Blimey Den, you can say that again !  unionflag

A similar idea in the Western film The Professionals, with Lee Marvin and Burt Lancaster, whereby any sign of an upside down cross means they're in peril. A brilliant film.