Wonder if anyone here can remember the Pecks, live firstly at 145 colwick road (on the corner of lyndhurst and colwick) then moved onto Lyndhurst road. Ernest Peck and his second wife Mabel, and his children, Ernest, Elsie May, Dennis, Leonard, Walter and Sheila.

DONT KNOW THIS FAMILY BUT THERE WERE SOME PECKS THAT LIVED ON GODFREY SY NETHERFIELD THEY HAD TWO DAUGHTERS AND TWO SONS I THINK, THE YOUNGEST LINDA WAS IN THE YEAR ABOVE ME AT SCHOOL.

• Upvote 1
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

david dont know it you remember lily daft sister of les piggott some sad news about her to she passed away last week fer funeral is this week she was in her mid 80s just thought i would let you know while you were talking about methodist chaple .

jimmy thought it might have been someone in the family,

Sorry to hear that, Babs. Only vaguely remember Lily Daft. Of course, anybody who was involved in that church when I was a kid would be well into their 80s by now. Seems like the Piggot and Daft families were very involved in that church along with the Milne family as I remember it. I don't recall a regular preacher, I think they used a lot of travelling preachers to fill the pulpit. This was common in Methodist circles.

• 4 years later...
On 2/1/2012 at 12:14 AM, jimmy87notts said:

aye, linda peck is my cousin :), if its the same one your on about, then her siblings were margory, maurice, alan, brian and there parents arthur and winnie.

hi all, new here. i knew alan he was my boss at armitages pet products in colwick, maurice worked there for a few years too. he has a son who lives on vale road cant remember his name now, might be phil, i understand maurice died a few years ago , used to see alan and his wife walking around colwick park after he retired but, i havent been down there for a few years , nice fella was alan.

• Like 1

Welcome bobster.  I grew up in Netherfield.  Moved out when I was about 17. In the early 60s.  There are some more threads on Netherfield and folks have posted some good stuff over the years.  You may be able to do a search on the word and pull some of them up.  I'm pretty sure I've put some photos here and there.  Memory is getting a bit iffy.  Hope you keep posting.