Peveril Secondary Bi-Lateral, Aspley

I am looking for my friends that went to either Berridge Jr or Peveril. I used to live on Hyson green hang out with the V-Rocket crew and go to Rad-Y, Aid Lib. My friends were Beverly Shaw, Vivian Elliott, Dorthea Campbell, Sharon Gayle, Hyacinth Gayle, Arlene, Barbara Ashton, Jayne, Dennis McDonald, Revival, Andrea, and many many more.

Looking forward to hearing from anyone out there who may know me or my above friends that I really would love to get in contact with.

I now live in America but visit Nottingham often.

Ow do me duck ,welcome to the group, sorry I didn't go there but I'm sure some body did and will try to help you out.

Hello Jennifer & Welcome

Member, Pete C (still riding a Vespa)

Also went to the Rad-Y, in fact he has written CD's of tracks from the Rad-Y

Keep a look out for him (If he dont find you first?)

Are you there Pete?

P.S. Its nice to see a member filling out their profile with lots of information. :)

• 5 months later...
I am looking for my friends that went to either Berridge Jr or Peveril. I used to live on Hyson green hang out with the V-Rocket crew and go to Rad-Y, Aid Lib. My friends were Beverly Shaw, Vivian Elliott, Dorthea Campbell, Sharon Gayle, Hyacinth Gayle, Arlene, Barbara Ashton, Jayne, Dennis McDonald, Revival, Andrea, and many many more.

Looking forward to hearing from anyone out there who may know me or my above friends that I really would love to get in contact with.

I now live in America but visit Nottingham often.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Hello and Welcome! I went to Berridge Jr AND Peveril AND grew up on Hyson Green, but I don't recall your name or your friends. I too, live in the USA. I was at Peveril from around 1967 and Berridge prior to that. Love this forum. It brings back so many memories. I was looking for old photos of Peveril School and the Prefect and Head Girl/boy uniforms.

Wondered if there are any members around that went to Peveril during the years (approximately) 1966 to 1972.

Wondered if anyone who went to Peveril at all, has any pictures to post.

Does anyone remember any of the teachers names?

I remember Mrs Dodd and Mr Williams. If I think about it, some more names may come back to me.

Do any of you remember our weeks trip to Robin's Hood Bay?

• Like 1

Jane Flint here. I was at Peveril from 66 to 71. Miss or Mrs Pendry was one of my form teachers. Mr Skillbeck in Geography. Mr Green in History.

Miss Fisher was Headmistress. Mr Witham Maths. Mr Glosop French. Mr Howe Dept Head and Mr Samuel Ward Head.

I may well know you as it seems we were there at the same time. I didn't go on the Scarborough trip but remember some who did.

• 4 weeks later...

Wondered if there are any members around that went to Peveril during the years (approximately) 1966 to 1972.

Wondered if anyone who went to Peveril at all, has any pictures to post.

Does anyone remember any of the teachers names?

I remember Mrs Dodd and Mr Williams. If I think about it, some more names may come back to me.

Do any of you remember our weeks trip to Robin's Hood Bay?

Is there any point in starting a topic inviting response and then not responding when you get a response.

Is there any point in starting a topic inviting response and then not responding when you get a response.

That sometimes happens when the person who posted the original message forgets they did it and never gets round to coming back to this site. Prefect has never logged on again since the day they joined and posted that first question

• Like 1

What you have to remember is that some of our members are elderly.

There is nothing to stop members sending them a PM, that will be duplicated

in an email to them, and remind them to re visit.

If they subscribed to the topic, they will get an email notification anyway.

If they allowed it in their settings there will be an email button against their profile,

though their email address will not be visible on the site.

SENDING THEM AN EMAIL VIA THE BOARD WILL SEND THEM YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS>

• Like 1
  • 3 years later...

I was at Peveril from 68 to 71. I remember Sam Ward (Head), Witham (English), Smith (Music), Peter Leigh (Sports) and Kercum (Metal Work). I have very fond memories of the school; Witham helped me a lot since I couldn't speak a word of English. I joined Peveril 3T1 in 1968 when I moved from India to Britain. I seem to remember that I was the only non-white kid at the school at that time. My kid brother, Jas, attended the school years later.

Hi Raj I had just left Peveril when you started. The majority of the time was good and made some good friends while there.

Sam Ward was headmaster when I was there and Skillbeck ( Geography) Fletton, Witton and Wragg ( Woodwork and Metalwork) Pugh ( PE) Witham ( English) Cole ( Maths)

At the time we had a lad joined us in the third year Satnam Singh Johal and he was the only non-white lad in the school .

• Upvote 1
  • 4 years later...

Hi, I was at Peveril between 64 and 68, leaving at 4th year level due to my Dad getting a lectureship. My Dad was Mr Wragg. The head teacher was Stan Ward, not Sam. When I started Peveril, Miss Lee was senior mistress. My form teacher was Miss Powell, who later became Mrs Pratt. My father's colleagues in the CDT were Mr Robey, Mr (I can see for miles) Pratt and Mr Bacon. I had Miss Poole for Home Ec. and later Mrs Bamber, a dark haired Dusty Springfield lookalike. Other staff were Miss Innocent and Mr Alcock ( no smutty comments please!) (English). Does anyone remember Mrs Simkins (Art)? There was Mr Edwards (RE) who had been a POW on the Burma- Siam railway. Mr Butts (Geography). Mr Holder,  Mr Bulmer and Miss Jones ( Maths), Mr Smith (Music)  Mr Thornhill, and Miss Dewsbury (PE), they followed Mr Pugh and Mrs Bagshaw.  Hope this will help some remember.

My sister attended Peveril between 1961 and 1966 so your time would have overlapped with hers to some extent.

I remember her talking about a. Miss Salavanska who taught English, I think and a Mr Beresford whom she didn't much like.

• 1 year later...

Hi l went to peveril school my form teacher was mr thrower our house was castle my friends in class are Linda freestone Mark ensor Soniamarchbank Sandra Thompson Glenda Hill my best friend Sally mictchell l left in late 79 moved away good times great laughs 

• Cliff Ton changed the title to Peveril 1970s
  • 3 months later...
On 9/9/2019 at 3:28 PM, Stephanie said:

The head teacher was Stan Ward, not Sam.

An older post but for what it’s worth my good lady wife assures me that the head was SAMUAL Ward usually known to the pupils as Sam. Certainly not Stan. 

• 2 months later...

Hi all

I was at Peveril from 1966 - 1971, just in case anybody remembers me I’m Barry Spick.
Enjoyed my time at the school, been reading the other posts and bringing back to me the names of the teachers.

Sorry got no photos. 

My sister was at Peveril but left around the time you started there, badgersoft. Many of my peers from Berridge Primary also went there from 1969 to 1974.  The ones I'm still in touch with vary in their experiences of the school. Some loved it, others didn't enjoy their time there.

I remember going with my parents to an open evening at Peveril around 1963. It was a big place with all sorts of facilities. We had nothing to match it at Manning.  I also remember going to see a performance of A Christmas Carol in which my sister and Su Pollard took part.

10 hours ago, badgersoft said:

Hi all

I was at Peveril from 1966 - 1971, just in case anybody remembers me I’m Barry Spick.
Enjoyed my time at the school, been reading the other posts and bringing back to me the names of the teachers.

Sorry got no photos. 

I’ll mention your name to my wife as she was at Peveril the same time as you. She was Jane Flint back then aka Flinty.

• 1 year later...
  • Cliff Ton changed the title to Peveril Secondary Bi-Lateral, Aspley