A couple from the last few days (nights actually) and believe it or not , they're all hand held shots, not a tripod in sight !!

6806723241_02eff54e47_b.jpg

6773357253_084fd7d90f_b.jpg

6770547047_0f7f63c8e7_b.jpg

Still baffles me that there are craters on the side facing us....how does stuff hit it on our side if it doesn't spin round ??

Good question Kev, and one I've never ever thought of before.

I would assume that there have been a number of very, very near misses on good old planet Earth over the millenia. Also remembering that the Moon, like the City ground , has no atmosphere like Earth that burns up the small ones, and deflects others from more oblique angles.

Also the moons gravity will pull a few in too.

Here we go, a whole two weeks (New , 1st Quarter, and whole)

Sorry Letsavagoo, they were all taken on a Canon 550D with a Canon 100-400mm IS USM bit of glass on the front of it. Hand held , with out a tripod in sight !!

Thanks for the info. I am really suprised at the lens only being a 400. I am very impressed and to say they are hand held is remarkable. I doff my cap to you. Are these shots full frame or cropped down.

Thought you would like this Beefsteak. Taken with a Panasonic compact. I have had to reduce the file size so much it is not nearly so clear as the original. Taken 2010 by my son at Fairford I think.

post-1467-0-38663100-1328820804_thumb.jp

Spider, Did you ever go down to Alconbury Airbase with Dave Walkers Trips.

We got a tour of the jet hangers and stood right next to the runway for take off.

Mid 70s? Would they have been F15s?

Mick. I never did go on one of DW's trips. I did do an advanced driving course. I cannot recall my instructors name but he was an aircraft nut. We went to Holbeach one day and watched the tankbusters and Harriers having a go at a ship target. Pretty awesome.