Need to sort this 'Garden' out..

Pixie, glad you dragged all the old codgers back to the topic, they all tend to go off in different directions with the topics, if you don't watch 'em closely ........... !rotfl! !clapping!

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I’m with Ian and Margie on this one.  We downsized considerably 14 years ago when we moved to Nottingham.  What we had before was a brilliant place for our boys to grow up in and we had everybody else

Well it worked for us, FLY!   I decided we would only have stuff in the house that fitted the following criteria:   it's useful it's got sentimental value it's aesthetically pleasing

Nottstalgia members.. must be supervised at all times! hahaha!

• 1 month later...

Whoo Hoo i did it lol set some sweet peas in a grow bag and they are doing quite well as soon as they flower i will take some pics i bought some Pansies for my hanging basket and put some sweet peas in as well as they will hang down got some cowslips too from nottm market they are quite reasonable pricewise only £1.99 for a tray as are most of their plants my hubby bought me some shelves from wilcos to put the growbag on and when the sweetpeas get bigger they will hang over the side plus the cats cannot get to them i love cats but i dont want them laying cables all over my plants lol

Pixie i got my mini greenhouses from wilcos and yes they are really useful dont know how much they cost cause my hubby fetched them for me i think i might try and grow tomatoes next

Mine was a 10er from b&m bargains! Got some tomato's growing in there nicely, it looks abit bare now as most of my pots are up my path now to brighten up the garden. I'm considering making my flower bed n just digging over the bold patches n popping some seed in, I guess I won't be in the garden much only to hang washing out as I doubt i'll have time to lounge in it anyways, oh and another bargain - palm trees £5 in morrisons, half price! Got mum one for Easter as she asked for one, now tempted to get myself one but have no idea where it'd go! Lol

Aye, my mum said if I get one make sure I cover it with polathene if I plant it or bring it indoors if I keep it in a pot. How big do they grow? I want one now, but I recon it'll make my garden look like a jungle with all this messy grass situation

I have one inv a pot in my front room its doing quite well as i have put it a bigger pot i think they grow quite large as the charity place where i volunteer has one in a very large tub and its like a tree lol

The one I got my mum for Easter has been sat in my front room, makes it look very tropical as I have brown sofas haha! I don't think I'd like one in my house though, although I am after a large indoor plant for my dinning room when it's sorted & I finall have a dinning table in there

Just had a look in my greenhouses noticed the taters are coming up as are the lettuce, and raddish is just about ready may give them another week before i pull them up have sown some more so i have another supply later on, oh and the flowers are doing well too lol

The lavender is lookig a little bit sorry for its self i hope it picks up, i have 2 rose bushes one called Romeo & Juliet ib bought it for my Daughter as last year she wasc doing that for her English exam and another called Rosie bought that in memory of my cousin who died last may . The pansies arte looking really nice cannot wait for the sweet peas to flower its not a bad display to say i havent got a garden

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

Or trap anything in the lid of the case.

• Upvote 1

Our garden is all straight after the winter.......daffs are now looking a bit tired though...........

• 5 weeks later...

It's only been 8°C this past three days up here in Caithness. Last week was pleasantly warm at 15°C but winter seems to have returned to get me :/

• 1 year later...

Walking up Helston Drive yesterday behind two young girls both with pushchairs, there is a house on the corner of Barwell for sale with a massive front garden I overheard one girl say "I'd love to live there, but I'd have to get rid of all those flowers?" 

• 2 weeks later...