firbeck

Black Boy Hotel

FLY2    7,449

I think the Black Boy was Home Ales, but it's a long time ago, and the old memory plays up.

Michael Booth    7,055

With so many of the Black Boy Hotel photos missing, due to Photobucket, I thought I'd post this article

from the Nottingham Post today.

There are some good photos of the Black Boy Hotel that you may not have seen. It makes you angry to

see that they demolished the Black Boy Hotel and there's now a bland Primark store in it's place.

http://www.nottinghampost.com/news/history/remembering-black-boy-hotel-one-694296

• Like 5

Cliff Ton    5,717

Thanks to Michael for bringing this topic back, I've repaired quite a few photos so there aren't as many gaps now.

• Like 2

Gem    472

I have just read this thread from the beginning and found it really interesting.  This is happening in a lot of our cities taking down beautiful buildings  to put up flat concrete monstrosities most times for no other reason than "they are old". In Newcastle we have beautiful buildings by John Dobson, these buildings  are concentrated in the center of town and streets going down to the river. I think because of the fact they are all together and not spread out they have been left as they were, the usage has changed much over the years but the structure stays the same.  We had a lovely building called the Handyside Arcade old shops balcony above,  the place to go as a teenager now a car park for Eldon Square one of worst decisions of the council. The Central Arcade is also as it was, the interior is all tiled in a toffee colour, its is one of the most visited arcades in town.  I only lived in Nottingham for 3years so this site allows me to see the city as it was when hubby was young.  Has the Pelham Corner been demolished.

• Like 1