Nottingham Light Night

Have always fancied it Den but never got round to going into town that night. The pictures always look impressive. I think I'm going to have a look this time - especially as it coincides with a beer festival in town!

• 2 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Click & another little memory box opens, Katie Wilson says " the light show gives children the chance to see Nottm. like never before". One Sunday evening about this time of year in 1945 a gang of us went to the Grove cinema on Kirkewight St., coming out at 9 pm. we were puzzled to see numerous parents walking young children, some in pyjamas with coats over, towards Arkwright St. Following them we soon understood 'why', the overhead lights all the way to Trent Bridge had been switched on for the first time since September 1939! Any 'Medderrites' remember that 'switch on'?

• 10 months later...

If only I had known. We would have tried to make it. I know for sure my son and partner would have booked a hotel for the night as well! :( Never mind as Melissa says, we will put it in the diary for next year. :)

• Upvote 1

It's a great night, I have been a few times with my daughter and Grandson but my Daughter

is working and my Grandson has now got a girlfriend so I've got the push. O well maybe next year.

• Upvote 1
  • 11 months later...

It is, going tonight with my grandson. Always went with my oldest grandson when he was little now it's the young

one's turn. Lot's to do at the Castle, Galleries of justice, Brewhouse Yard, children love it so do I.

• Upvote 4

Should be good. Let's hope that the weather stays dry.

• 1 year later...