Nottingham Light Night

We did get off the sofa on Friday night but went out for an Indian ....... always wanted to go to the Light Night event but forget to leave the evening free.  Incidentally, is this always organised for the same night as the 'Snow Moon'?  Must admit I'd never heard that term until the past few days but it's the name of the February full moon.  Things you learn eh?!

I've never heard of the Snow Moon, but on Friday night, there was supposedly a lunar eclipse and a possibility of seeing comet 45P whatever that was, but the sky was far too cloudy that night which was unfortunate. 

Went a few times when my oldest grandson was small ( now almost 20 and doesn't

need his grandma to hold his hand ) it was really good fun with lots of street artist and

a great atmosphere.

We went last year with my youngest grandson and was very disappointed, no street

artist no atmosphere just people around trying to sell things such a shame.

I'll try again next year. 

Interested to see this in Nottingham as we have something similar here called "Notte in bianco"  White night , but it means night without sleep. Everything is available to see during the whole night. There are stalls of every kind , street performers etc. 

• 1 year later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 2 years later...