admin

Arkwright Street

1 hour ago, The Pianoman said:

Correction, they were actually Birmabright.

Same as Land Rover's.

Yes Ian, chip shop was Petes, there is another one next to the petrol station Robin Hood, chips peas and gravy for 6d.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, The Pianoman said:

Doors, boot and bonnet were ally up until mid 1962. Correction, they were actually Birmabright.

The rover that was before the sd1 I think it was the p6 had an aluminium bonnet and boot, if only all the panels were alloy, the rear wings used to rust away terrible.

P6 had ally boot and bonnet as you say. The front and rear wings on them were dirty great mud traps. Half a dozen bolts and they were off tho'.

For all you Meadow folks, there is a new site, not long started up it's called

I'M FROM THE MEADOWS AND PROUD OF IT 

as my father and most of his family came from the meadows I am a member of this site.

• Like 1

Mary this the day all the circus elephants dashed to the Trent for water. Don't look like the embankment .

34 minutes ago, mary1947 said:

For all you Meadow folks, there is a new site, not long started up it's called

I'M FROM THE MEADOWS AND PROUD OF IT 

as my father and most of his family came from the meadows I am a member of this site.

Sounds interesting, what's the full name of the website please?

Ian, it looks like the ramp coming down from the Town arms, Aviary, Riverbank pub.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Smiffy49 said:

Sounds interesting, what's the full name of the website please?

I just type in I'M FROM THE MEADOWS AND PROUD OF IT   (IN CAPS)

Any probs contact me

9 hours ago, mary1947 said:

I just type in I'M FROM THE MEADOWS AND PROUD OF IT   (IN CAPS)

Any probs contact me

Googled it in various permutations and getting nowhere.

Sad sight indeed..demolition work on Arkwright St.section of the Permanant Way.4e53e8190a4afdaeacb2888a1e8641c3--nottin

• Like 1

When you walk past what was The Queens Head today..there is i suppose 50- 100 yards of what there was ...these photos show just what was demolished in this area.163_10_b.jpgThe Station.arkwright_street_2.1975nigel_tout_3.jpgsome bits remaining in 1975.arkwright_street_2.1975nigel_tout_4.jpgArky just visible on the right.164_09.jpgAll changed and gone...in this area too411_03_b.jpg.Boots picture framing was along here

Queens Rd .area all altrered today.411_04_b.jpgsame day...different view.388_05_b.jpgVibrators..sang Baby Baby...this shows the expanse of the area.388_08_b.jpgThe new with the old.

• Like 1

ark2-2.jpgTop of Arky..this bit remains...but less busy today.Soccer City was along here when Notts were in the big Divisions.

• Like 2

Not much on that bit now though, Queens and the old bank building on the corners. Soccer City wasn't there long as I recall, next door to the Navy Club.

• Like 1

My uncle worked behind the bar in the Queens Hotel when they were trying to get enough money together to move from Clifton and buy a house on Bread and Lard Island. 

• Like 1