• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just returned from a 5 day break in Paignton & Mrs C & I noticed an old lady traveling on her own never got off the coach at rest breaks on motorways etc. Asked if she wanted to stretch her le

Live scenes from the Euro tunnel

Be careful of the snipers.

I've just got 2 adult 2 children, two suitcases, 20 kilos allowance each , all taxes for around 240 quid ! (That's to the South of Spain by the way)

Decided today it's Turkey for a month this year, cheapest way is a last minute deal (like next day) accomadation on arrival, so long as we get to dalaman that's ok, might even be a decent hotel! if not plenty of luxury self catering for £4 a night (£2 each) if not then roof of Ahmed's bar!

http://www.travelrepublic.co.uk/hotels/turkey/marmaris_icmeler/cheap_rates_grand_aquarium_apart_apartments_apartment.html?mkid=58660055&aid=1&gclid=CJXtwJjDj64CFQYKfAodIinhyQ

Blimey Ash that place despite the price gets some of the best tripadvisors ratings I have ever seen.

I would go there but SWMO would turn her nose up because its only 3 stars.

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g609056-d661921-Reviews-Grand_Aquarium-Icmeler_Mugla_Province_Turkish_Aegean_Coast.html

Where do you get your flights?

Where do you get your flights?

At the airport , maybe ?!

Oh god , it's so easy, this stuff writes itself at times...................... slywink

Wot the 'ell is wrong wi Skeggy? It were gud enuf fer me!

Wot the 'ell is wrong wi Skeggy? It were gud enuf fer me!

Says him with his motorbike on the back of his RV traveling all over the good old U,S of A....................... slywink

• 2 weeks later...

From 1 July this year all drivers visiting France will need to carry a breathalyser kit in their cars.

From November there will be an €11 fine for not complying..

With a start date for the new measure of 1 July 2012, the rules will apply for anyone travelling to or through France by car in the summer holiday season, even just for a day trip.

Single-use breathalyser kits will satisfy the requirement.

The legal limit in France is 50 mg per 100 ml of blood; lower than in the UK (the UK limit is 80mg).

Kits cost between £1 and £2 and they will be available at ferry and tunnel terminals for crossings to France. It is intended that people will be able to test themselves to check whether or not they are over the French limit.

The IAM is advising motorists in France to have at least two breathalysers at all times, so that if one is used you still have one to produce for the police if you are stopped.

Anyone driving in France is already required to carry a warning triangle and a fluorescent safety vest to use in an emergency. Additionally UK motorists must display a GB plate and have their headlights adjusted to the right.

I know that you also need to carry a set of replacement light bulbs in France too.

Last February we went over to Euro Disney , muggins here driving there and back !!, on the way up the motorway to Calais my little lad decided to be 'unwell' , I pulled in to a 'stopping place' ,dug under the luggage to find the 'emergency stuff', set up the red triangle down the road aways, relaized it was futile trying to get into the " One size fits all" flourecent vest, by the time I'd done all this Adam had 'thrown up' and was feeling as fresh as a daisy and wanting to get back to his Nintendo DS !!!!

And coach drivers should have dexamphetamine sulphate! if you think that's in bad taste given a recent event it nearly happened to us in the Pyrenees, 2 coach drivers had been taking it in turns from Nottingham starting at about 6am, wife and I had front 2 seats, I never slept a wink and about 4am next morning was watching driver keep closing his eyes and head slumping forward, I woke the other driver who'd had about 2 hours sleep and he drove rest of way, about another 4 hrs having changed seats without stopping! Coming home with different drivers my monster size vacuum was smashed loading it, I wrote to company complaining re that and told of the near miss (plus drivers in the bar on the ferry) pretty sure I was paid hush money as got a £150 cheque within couple of days!!!. A year or two later one of their buses did go down an embankment with some killed

Something about a free concert to show his appreciation of loyal fans over the last 45 years. Not being a Rod fan I didnt take to much notice.Seem to recall the concert some where in or around L.A.