Hello everyone,i have been a lurker for quite sometime and,have now decided to jump in.

My name is Hazel,married,born and bred in Sneinton starting in the 50s.

I'm interested in family history and,the history of Nottingham and surrounding areas.Look forward to being part of this warm and freindly forum,with a few exceptions,which every forum seems to attract.

Hiya Homrgirl101, g;ad to see you've 'taken the plunge'!! You won't regret it......................There's loads of other 'Sneintonians' on here, most are very friendly, funny with the world renowned Notts' humour.

Hope I'm not one of the few exceptions....................... !rotfl!

Hi homegirl. Only been a member myself for a few days and you're right, it is a friendly forum. My late father was born and bred in Sneinton in the 40's and 50's, living on Skipton Circus or " Skippo " as he used to call it!! Be nice to hear your memories of the time you were there.

You don't run a pub by any chance do you Hazel ? Only I know someone who comes from Sneinton , named Hazel , who ran my local for a long while (She still has a pub by the way)

WELLCOME HAZEL MY BROTHERIN LAW ROY LIVED ON SKIPTON CIRCUS TILL HE AND MY SISTER GOT MARRIED IN LATE SIXTIES HIS DAD BRED STAFFIES AND WAS KNOW AS SNOWWIE I THINK HE MIGHT HAVE GONE TO SCHOOL WITH YOUR DAD GIBBO.