Boy do I remember Jocelyn's most Saturday morning's in the mid '60's you could always count on seeing lot's of flash scooters parked outside,guys buying their chrome accessories and mechanical bits.Though they were the main Lambretta dealer I picked up a georgeous year old '65 Vespa SS 180 Mona Luxe which had 12volt electrics made a few runs to Newquay very reliable.There used to be a guy from Bulwell called Johnny Spooner he had driven a lot of big bikes in his day and had a beautiful Lambretta GT200 used to see him at Art College on Shakespeare Street like me he was a painter and decorator I believe he moved to Australia any way he was a mechanical wizz kid on bikes and scooters another guy from Bulwell used to service my Vespas was Everett Kirk his work shop was in his mother's parlour he drove some goergeous BSA bikes that always shone.When I was back in Nottingham in the late '80's on a visit I needed parts for a friends Vespa there was a place down from Jocelyn's called Roy Wharton's had everything I needed,now out of business I think.

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Her name's Etta (The Lambretta), I'm an Etta James fan.................

Trying to recapture my Mod days of mid sixties, & now retired, I 've just purchased a 1964 Li 150 import from Italy got my new number & all is good to go with my renovation of this lovely icon

Some very nice scooters on these photos :

Cheetham & Davies,had a small repair shop,near the White lion,Church st' - Middle st',Beeston,.a couple of whiz's on Triumph and Nortons. Always friendly and helpful, never to busy to answer questions.

That will be Roger Gagg, Painter and Decorater. Now retired,but himself a keen motorcyclist. His wife Chris still rides a BMW with sidecar as everyday transport.

A correction,i have seen Roger Gagg's son Steve today.He confirmed that it was Rogers dad,Arthur who worked for the Co op as a Painter for most of his working life-and they are related to Gagg's who had the shop.

• Upvote 1

Thanks TrickyMicky

You know, I thought he was an Arthur but seeing there was already an Arthur, I thought I was wrong about that.

the Arthur Gagg that I knew was a real character, and I always enjoyed working with him.

That would be late 60s and he would have been around 60ish then so I assume he is no longer with us.

A little confusing this RGR because it says that the photograph was taken in 2010. To clear this up I took a look at your profile and ascertained that the photograph was taken in 1965. Had you gone down south for a bit of trouble: Mods and Rockers on the beach, equals 'Quadrophenia'?

I have never in all my life find anything so bloody frustrating as this site. for posting pics Picture of my SS on the south coast l purchased the scooter from Jocelyn's in mid 60s.this image was copied from one of my many photo's from the '60s in 2010 where l found them in a trunk.

Not on this run,heading to Surf City(Newquay) Cornwall Via Weymouth the long way round.Called in to see my Brother in Weymouth.That vespa was one fabulous Scooter to ride.

was in England last July for Americana and on the way back to Nottingham Ravenshead came across a

Scooter rally at Calverton made for a great day out.