Finding mates from school days. Can I mention names?

• 3 weeks later...

My name is Michael ( Mick) Booth and I'm writing my life story and I'd like to get in touch with my old schoolmates. I went to Arkwright Primary School on London Road from 1949 until 1955 and then Trent Bridge Senior Boys School from 1955 until 1959. I'd like to get the names of the teachers and things we used to get up to etc.

Are you any relation to John "Johnnie" Booth??? His Dad had a newsagents then wholesale Sunday newsagents out of the Meadows. Later moved to Wilford. John served his apprenticeship same time as me, he was at Cotgrave, I was at Clifton.

I didn't go to school with you or your brothers Arthur and John but I am the same age as your sister Margaret we lived opposite you on Grainger street I remember your mum and dad Arthur and Phoebe. Your dad was the only one on the street with a car he drove my mum and dad up to scotland in it Some journey in the 50s no M6 in those days. I am happy to help further if I can

I was hoping you might be related to him Mike, as far as I'm aware, he only had a Sister, lost contact with him when I left Nottingham some 37 years back.

It was interesting to read about the Scotland trip, Deeps. I'm looking for any info regarding Grainger Street and the surrounding area. Also anything about Arkwright and Trent Bridge schools. I can remember hardly anything about Arkwright school but I can remember my mum having trouble getting me across London Road on my first day there. I was crying my eyes out because I didn't want to go...lol. Can you remember Mrs Wright's shop opposite us on Grainger St. and Bitterlings on Freeth St. What a stink that place was.

Thanks, Ayupmeducks. My brother John joined the Army with Jim Smith and went off to Hong Kong. A big adventure in 1955.

Michael would be very interested in your book

Meadows connections and Trent Bridge Juniors/Seniors 1963-1968

I only remember Miss Slack from the Juniors.

Trent Bridge Senior School was for boys only when I was there from 1955 until 1959 so I didn't know any female teachers. The girls school was next door. If I'd known then what I know now we could have dug a tunnel from our bike shed to their bike shed,....lol

Happy to help

Families on Grainger street I have lots of information on families in the area but my typing skills and stamina are limited if you are happy to leave a phone number or e mail address i will contact you

ayupmeduck the jonnie booth you are talking about was not a biker by any chance was he i know of a biker called jonnie booth but carnt remember a lot about him but i am sure if its the same one ill know a man or two who did know him well old ace will proberly remember him and ashley.

He used to be in his teens Babs, but had a bad accident on his way home from Arnold and Carlton Tech one night. After he got out of hospital his Mother laid the law down, no more bikes or find another place to live. After that it was cars.