Chungs of mapperley top..

Its the other halfs birthday next week & were both big fans of chinese food, often going to chinese 'all you can eat' restaurants. Weve been told that Chungs of mapperley is a nice place to eat, Anyone here ever been? Iv been trying to find the menu and/or prices on the net, but there is none.

...If anyone knows of any other nice chinese restaurants we should visit, feel free to recommend :)

I went to Chung's many years ago, it was very nice. The folks who took us there now go to one on Mansfield Rd, same side as The Poacher and a bit below it. Not as posh looking as Chungs on the inside, but great food. You have to book though I do believe, space is limited and it's always packed.

Pixie - haven't been to Chungs in a while but use to regularly. It's really nice food, a little on the expensive side. Has one of the best reps in Nottingham I'd say.

Kath - you might be thinking of the Mayfair restaurant. It's very cheap, unlicensed and very good food and value.

Chinese food can be expensive in some places.

When in truth it is a cheap meal most places in the world.

Heres my pick for best value.

All you can eat Lunch buffet including roast beef and seafood.

$4.99, unfortunately its in Davenport Florida Highway 27 junction, junction I4

grandchina.jpg

To answer your question Pixie, as above, I'd recommend it - particularly for a special night out as this is. Chungs is basically one large room but has a good atmosphere. Whenever I've been in there the place was full.

As mentioned previously, prices are top end for Nottingham but it's difficult to find much better Chinese food around the city, certainly in my experience.

Nice pub for a pre-drink nearby too in the Bread and Bitter at the junction of Woodthorpe Drive and Plains Road, two pubs next to it also.

To sum up, it's not a place I'd pay the prices for generally speaking these days but a nice place for a special occasion.

Few reviews for you here:

http://www.tripadvis...re_England.html

Mick, Were regulars at May-sum, i seriously think they should make a loyalty card, we used to be their stuffing our faces every weekend... we still go, just not as often now we have baby. We tried salt water in calverton a while back, was lovely! Also remember trying a nice place just off the A52.. but cant remember what it was called, that was alright.. had better though. (Getting abit of an expert with this chinese food business haha!!) When you say Chungs is expensive - what would you say the price range is? Is it a set menu or a buffet style like maysum or flaming dragon? Tempted to go summer palace now youv said that Jimmy, I thought that was just a take away place, didnt realise it was a restaurant! Unless theres any nice places out mansfield way?